Charlton up next | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Charlton up next

999mattyg

✅ Evergreen
🚑 Steve Hooper
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 13, 2007
Launceston
This thread started positively and went, steadily downhill, into the gloom of despair!!
Having watched the Blackpool game I can see only one winner. Taylor will tear us apart. If Riley plays I will give up all hope of a miracle. His performance on Saturday was, quite frankly, the worst performance at RB that I can ever remember seeing from an Argyle player! To add insult to injury, he is a replacement for Oscar!! God help us!!
Having said all that, football's a funny old game!!!

Princerock

♣️ PASALB Member
Aug 14, 2011
999mattyg":2e4exojn said:
This thread started positively and went, steadily downhill, into the gloom of despair!!
Having watched the Blackpool game I can see only one winner. Taylor will tear us apart. If Riley plays I will give up all hope of a miracle. His performance on Saturday was, quite frankly, the worst performance at RB that I can ever remember seeing from an Argyle player! To add insult to injury, he is a replacement for Oscar!! God help us!!
Having said all that, football's a funny old game!!!

Cheers....you've really jeered me up now.....I shall order my favourite meal before the execution begins a 3pm.....my will is up to date....I have made peace with everyone that I hold dear....good-bye cruel world....goodbye.

Sep 3, 2009
This is a local game for me and i’d usually be nailed on for it - beers in Greenwich or London Bridge before and after. Can’t go this year and almost glad, as I think we’re in for another spanking.

Chickens of sub-standard funding coming home to roost.

Aug 13, 2011
Enjoy the time, I'm sure it's a worthy weekend, though I fear for us in the game. We'll almost definitely lose as they are useful and slick with their passing and already up there. Our defence will be facing the Alamo for 90 since we can't keep the ball in the opponents half. Not unless he played Lameiras and Taylor with Carey, we'd carry some threat, but he won't. And we'll lose. ..

Sep 28, 2003
London
Rush Goalie":38lgaftj said:
This is a local game for me and i’d usually be nailed on for it - beers in Greenwich or London Bridge before and after. Can’t go this year and almost glad, as I think we’re in for another spanking.

Chickens of sub-standard funding coming home to roost.

My local game too, going along of course but not looking forward to it much. Will be around the Cutty Sark from lunchtime.

I think the amount of players we've signed shows that funding hasn't been an issue this year, it's rather how those funds have been applied :thumbdown:

Dec 2, 2010
Charlton fans waxing lyrical about playing with two strikers.....mmmm?!

We were absolutely diabolical there last season. The one thing we have going for us is that we'll be expected to lose.....but it was thus at Portsmouth!

Unfortunately I cannot be there on Saturday....just hope we don't hit the Skids!

Screen Corner

🇭🇰🇭🇰🇭🇰🇭🇰🇭🇰🇭🇰
Dec 11, 2016
Balham, London.
landons forehead":22yjc0ao said:
Heading up to the smoke for this one. Can only see another two or three goal defeat, but we live in hope. Got plans to see walk the two parks between Paddington and Westminster and then catch a boat down the Thames to Greenwich before the game. That should go some way to make up for the football or lack thereof.

Where can you catch a boat . I'm keen to do the same thing

Sep 28, 2003
London
Zoo Corner":86xl7jt8 said:
landons forehead":86xl7jt8 said:
Heading up to the smoke for this one. Can only see another two or three goal defeat, but we live in hope. Got plans to see walk the two parks between Paddington and Westminster and then catch a boat down the Thames to Greenwich before the game. That should go some way to make up for the football or lack thereof.

From loads of places, Westminster, Waterloo, Blackfriars. It's the Thames Clipper, good fun and a great way to get to Greenwich, but it does cost £6.80 I believe.

Sep 21, 2003
Peverell
Andy Holland":15lkw38m said:
Zoo Corner":15lkw38m said:
landons forehead":15lkw38m said:

From loads of places, Westminster, Waterloo, Blackfriars. It's the Thames Clipper, good fun and a great way to get to Greenwich, but it does cost £6.80 I believe.

Bang on. We're walking the three miles between Westminster and Paddington through Regents and St James' Parks (have a gander at Buckingham Palace etc) then getting on boat at Westminster.

Then a couple of miles walk from Greenwich to the ground, or a very quick train journey.

Sep 28, 2003
London
landons forehead":2ixca56r said:
Andy Holland":2ixca56r said:
Zoo Corner":2ixca56r said:
landons forehead":2ixca56r said:

Bang on. We're walking the three miles between Westminster and Paddington through Regents and St James' Parks (have a gander at Buckingham Palace etc) then getting on boat at Westminster.

Then a couple of miles walk from Greenwich to the ground, or a very quick train journey.

Yep, or a 177 or 180 bus which goes up there too. I live right in Greenwich town centre so this is a nice easy one for me.

Went through this quite thoroughly last season, but I'd really recommend to anyone coming up and looking for a drink and food before the game to get to the area around the Cutty Sark, which is packed with great pubs and food options. Greenwich Market is world class for food, and The Mitre, The Gypsy Moth, Cutty Sark. Pelton Arms and Old Brewery pubs are great.

Sep 6, 2006
landons forehead":1xgzuey9 said:
Andy Holland":1xgzuey9 said:
Zoo Corner":1xgzuey9 said:
landons forehead":1xgzuey9 said:

If you are in Regents Park you are in the wrong direction! Hyde Park/Kensington Gardens through Green Park to St. James Park. Very pleasant. Its not all smoke at all!

Sep 21, 2003
Peverell
Balham_Green":1ck4up04 said:
landons forehead":1ck4up04 said:
Andy Holland":1ck4up04 said:
Zoo Corner":1ck4up04 said:
landons forehead":1ck4up04 said:

If you are in Regents Park you are in the wrong direction! Hyde Park/Kensington Gardens through Green Park to St. James Park. Very pleasant. Its not all smoke at all!

You're right. I should know that, I grew up only 13 miles away!