**Cheltenham Match-day thread** | Page 6 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

**Cheltenham Match-day thread**

Mar 23, 2008
Bristol Rich":2af5w3s6 said:
jespafc":2af5w3s6 said:
rsp4":2af5w3s6 said:
I've left the game. Not done that in years. Pathetic at the back and nothing up front.

One dimensional through Mayor.

I am glad last seasons manager is gone but this is crap :furious: :furious:

I'm not. He had us at the top of this league for most of his spell. The stats don't lie.

No they don't. After 4 seasons we had made no progress in the league. Move on and get real.
Indeed, this is frustrating but Adams got us relegated back to this awful league and with carp players. We are not a million miles away but all that matters is the two boxes and that's our failing, which is rather crucial!

Jun 28, 2011
Plymouth
Over hit crosses, poor set pieces and can’t clinically finish.
We need a decent centre back and a proper striker - aka Bradley and Ladapo.

jespafc

✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 23, 2005
www.johnstanlake.com
Bristol Rich":1batbacp said:
jespafc":1batbacp said:
rsp4":1batbacp said:
I've left the game. Not done that in years. Pathetic at the back and nothing up front.

I'm not. He had us at the top of this league for most of his spell. The stats don't lie.

No they don't. After 4 seasons we had made no progress in the league. Move on and get real.

We'll see by the end of the season how far we've moved on. Anything less than the playoffs is a poor season given the money and resources RL has been given.

Adams achieved that in both of his seasons here and it should be a minimum aim of any Argyle manager in this league.

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
jespafc":2o0ays20 said:
Give it til Jan

Adams left him with a squad only fit for the southern premier

We had 78% possession

Mayor is the best player in the league

The ref is sh*t

Players are begging to join us

etc, etc

:scarf: :nworthy: :scarf:

Not trying to sound negative but the lower we are in the league, less players will want to join us.

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
I thought Argyle played really well in the first half and certainly felt they would win the game. As soon as Telford was injured, I thought we would lose momentum and we did. Taylor offers nothing at all up front and no wonder Mayor often dribbles up blind alleys when there are so few options for him. Defensively, Argyle are poor and nearly every goal I’ve seen us concede this season has been a defensive error. I couldn’t believe how easy it was for Varney to head his goal and I don’t think he could believe it either. The defending of crosses is particularly poor and I’m sure every side we play are well briefed on that fact. All that said, Cheltenham were a well organised side who have now won four on the bounce, but god they were dirty. Poor Danny Mayor is having to put up with that sort of treatment every week and unless he gets more protection, he will end up injured himself. Feel sorry for Telford who has obviously been brought back too soon from his previous injury. He will need a proper rest, otherwise he will end up needing surgery on his hamstring.

May 1, 2011
jespafc":maxm4876 said:
Bristol Rich":maxm4876 said:
jespafc":maxm4876 said:
rsp4":maxm4876 said:

We'll see by the end of the season how far we've moved on. Anything less than the playoffs is a poor season given the money and resources RL has been given.

Adams achieved that in both of his seasons here and it should be a minimum aim of any Argyle manager in this league.

Agreed it should be the minimum.

Before the canonisation of Adams though you conveniently forgot his 4th season.

It is a fact though that after 4 seasons we were not in a better league position. That's one stat you can't avoid.

Mar 16, 2009
London
Greenrod":1yk0n62l said:

It takes a shrewd manager to find players of the calibre of Bradley and Lapado and attract them to an outpost football club.

How the current team, hastily assembled and awash with mediocrity, could do with match winners.

May 1, 2011
Justin":1v0va91l said:
Greenrod":1v0va91l said:

It takes a shrewd manager to find players of the calibre of Bradley and Lapado and attract them to an outpost football club.

How the current team, hastily assembled and awash with mediocrity, could do with match winners.

It takes a shrewd manager to take a squad easily good enough for at least mid table in league one containing players like Ladapo and then get them relegated.

Mar 16, 2009
London
Bristol Rich":2hpv5ldz said:
Justin":2hpv5ldz said:
Greenrod":2hpv5ldz said:

It takes a shrewd manager to take a squad easily good enough for at least mid table in league one containing players like Ladapo and then get them relegated.

Rich, you’re being far too simplistic as usual.

Adams brought in match winners season after season, despite severe budget restrictions.

He had a difficult patch for a few months and we ditched him. Zero loyalty.

What a mistakah to makeahhhh.

We lost all these absolute gems that Adams brought to the club, through, pure and simply, the personal greed of the then owner.

Simon is a different breed and for that Lowe should feel very very lucky

Sep 6, 2006
Justin":wilu4xgc said:
Bristol Rich":wilu4xgc said:
Justin":wilu4xgc said:
Greenrod":wilu4xgc said:

Adams brought in match winners season after season, despite severe budget restrictions.

We lost all these absolute gems that Adams brought to the club, through, pure and simply, the personal greed of the then owner.

We lost the 'gems' Justin because none of them wanted to play in League 2 where Adams had taken us. We should have shown LESS loyalty, ditched him at xmas and I reckon we would have stayed up.

May 1, 2011
Justin":3jt94vra said:
Bristol Rich":3jt94vra said:
Justin":3jt94vra said:
Greenrod":3jt94vra said:

This post is slanderous nonsense, what proof have you got to state Brent's motivations were for greed? How did he benefit from this?

Quite simply Hallett has more money than Brent.

The only mistake Hallett made was not sacking Adam's earlier, we probably would have stayed up then as we easily had a squad good enough to stay up. You never seem to want to acknowledge that.

Mar 8, 2011
Plymouth
Bristol Rich":29jxtswb said:
Justin":29jxtswb said:
Bristol Rich":29jxtswb said:
Justin":29jxtswb said:
Greenrod":29jxtswb said:

This post is slanderous nonsense, what proof have you got to state Brent's motivations were for greed? How did he benefit from this?

Quite simply Hallett has more money than Brent.

The only mistake Hallett made was not sacking Adam's earlier, we probably would have stayed up then as we easily had a squad good enough to stay up. You never seem to want to acknowledge that.
Yep. Every time this gets forwarded to a member of the Derek Adams fans club none of them seem to be able to come up with an answer.