Congratulations to the U18's on winning the title | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Congratulations to the U18's on winning the title

Apr 1, 2009
Utterly confused now! Did we win a league and finish mid table in another one? Or did we just not win a league? Very strange for the club to announce this if its not the case.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
Lundan Cabbie":gp1q6903 said:
It looks like somebody has got over excited with their headlines.

Oxford United U18's have won the Youth Alliance South West Division. Argyle finished 6th out of 11 clubs.

Merit League One/Two/Three are secondary competitions where teams are split geographically into groups of seven and play each other just once. The team winning the most points win the regional group. Argyle won their group.
You are right, of course, but, as a non Argyle supporter, do you need to come on here and try to put a damper on the small piece of news when we, as supporters, consider it appropriate to congratulate our young U18 team for a successful end to the season.

May 8, 2011
xmastree":lycxmrhx said:
Utterly confused now! Did we win a league and finish mid table in another one? Or did we just not win a league? Very strange for the club to announce this if its not the case.

We were mid table in the league based on the normal fixtures that finished at Christmas.

Had it been a normal year based on that league position Argyle would had gone into Merit League 2 when the leagues split so the bottom league.

To reduce travelling 3 mini league of 6 games were introduced to replace the normal post Christmas fixtures as a result of Covid, we were top of that.

I am often surprised by how little people who post regularly about Argyle seem to know about what goes on at Argyle.

Lundan Cabbie

āšŖļø Pasoti Visitor āšŖļø
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
HC Green":53xo183n said:
xmastree":53xo183n said:

We were mid table in the league based on the normal fixtures that finished at Christmas.
In the mini league of 6 games that was used to replace the normal post Christmas fixtures as a result of Covid we were top.

I am often surprised by how little people who post regularly about Argyle seem to know about what goes on at Argyle.

Should be better next season. With the new in house streaming platform, supporters should get the opportunity to watch the youth games and see their progress, well the home ones at least.

May 8, 2011
Lundan Cabbie":2fjgzset said:
HC Green":2fjgzset said:
xmastree":2fjgzset said:

In the mini league of 6 games that was used to replace the normal post Christmas fixtures as a result of Covid we were top.

Should be better next season. With the new in house streaming platform, supporters should get the opportunity to watch the youth games and see their progress, well the home ones at least.

Very few people watched the home games this season or in previous years.
Currently the U18s havenā€™t got a home venue for games unless they use Harperā€™s Park as they canā€™t use Parkway due to Truro groundsharing next season.

Apr 1, 2009
HC Green":17c7wy75 said:

That's probably fair comment. However the Club, in recent times, have not provided a lot of information in terms of regular reports, details of forthcoming youth games, youth profiles (I appreciate they have to be careful on this). The more the club posts, the more it is talked about on sites like this one, the more information people have and consequently interest grows. If the club doesn't provide information then I wouldn't know where to go to find it, and I imagine the majority on here don't.