Constantin Ursu and the lack of support. | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Constantin Ursu and the lack of support.

So, it would appear that Marlee Dann is upset with the lack of support that followed Constantin Ursu to Brentwood for his capture of the Commonwealth Silver strap, with Plymouth Skive referencing Scott Dann's support.

I wonder what other people think because I'm of the opinion that Marlee himself is part of the problem.

I mean, to start with, he's not corrected Plymouth Skive on their weak af comparison.
Scotty, before he even turned pro, was a very popular lad known by many around the city - the whole family were well known.
So, when he turned pro, he had a contingent of friends and a decent following before the circuit recognition arrived.
He had a following because he was known to Plymothians for years and was a popular likeable guy.

This is where the difference reveals.
I love Boxing and all other Martial Arts, and I'm firmly of the opinion that every young fighter needs to be managed and promoted with careful attention being paid to reputation.
This is where Marlee is actually not helping Ursu at all imo.

Very few people in Plymouth know of Ursu and that's primarily because we don't really have much of a Boxing heritage down here.
We have gyms etc, but there aren't many who seek to progress beyond fitness and self-defence.
There are many problems throughout the circuit down here because it takes so much more effort to draw the national spotlight.
Unfortunately, this reality dictates the need for more out-of-the-box thinking from the teams respective to any regional prospect - yes, that does include Marlee himself.

The point is that, in a region that requires better planning and organising to actually make the sport more appealing locally, a region with little history in the sport, perhaps Marlee should moan at the local faces of the circuit and maybe even find a mirror.

Moaning about the locals not supporting a fighter they know little about after being given little reason to learn is not the way to go Marlee.
I've known about him for a couple of years, but I'm yet to speak in person to anyone other than a couple of avids who knows a thing about him - is it my responsibility to make Ursu known to people?

No Marlee, the fingers of blame you're pointing at the public would clearly fit better in your ears, so you can avoid the loud boom of reality.

Ursu deserves all the success and I sincerely hope his tilt at the Commonwealth belt is a successful next step to becoming the elite-level fighter he could be, but no Marlee - it is you and the local circuit who are failing this guy more than the public.
Ownership pal, stick your fingers in that pudding.

Daz

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 30, 2003
This feels like it should be an email to him, not a post on a football forum.

• Haha
Reactions: greenpig27

Argyleloyal

Pasoti Announcer.
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 25, 2016
Maybe the lack of interest could be down to his promoter, I hardly see anything on social media about him or his fights. Also don’t think Plymouth Live mentions him like that

Sep 22, 2021
This feels like it should be an email to him, not a post on a football forum.
Was Marlee Danns rant not a pop at the people of Plymouth and indeed supporters of Argyle. In that we support our team but not his fighter, 13 supporters from Plymouth made the trip but 50 from Moldova, ? How many went back lol.

Daz

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 30, 2003
Was Marlee Danns rant not a pop at the people of Plymouth and indeed supporters of Argyle. In that we support our team but not his fighter, 13 supporters from Plymouth made the trip but 50 from Moldova, ? How many went back lol.
It’s a rant to Marlee Dann for not promoting him, it’s better served sending him an email rather than posting it on here like he did.

What he should have posted on here was that there is someone from Plymouth who looks like a decent fighter and if you don’t know about him you should look him up.