Corners | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Corners

Aug 5, 2015
Why? Some people are extremely ā€œconcernedā€ that the current works wonā€™t involve filling in the corners at Home Park as if that was some kind of measure as to the seriousness of the club.

It seems that we are not the only club that doesnā€™t have its corners filled in. Thatā€™s all.

Looking ahead to the future now after the Maylfower is finished, can we really hope too see the corners filled in, and if so do we want safe standing in these corners? With the corners being done I think we have a stadium we can be proud of. Really canā€™t wait to see the finished article. I was reserved about the refurb but now I can see the work happening I much prefer the route we have chosen.

Exciting times Iā€™d say :scarf:

Aug 11, 2013
Not too optimistic to be honest. Phase 2's don't tend to happen. Still waiting on Phase 2 of Tinside Pool since 2005!

Aug 5, 2015
I think thereā€™s already been too much wanton vandalism at Home Park. As has been outlined in other threads many grounds elsewhere do not have their corners filled in so it is not a badge of honour.

Like all things I expect the answer will be when the next rich man takes a fancy to us and stumps up the cash

pafc cobbie08

šŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
Nov 16, 2008
Hampshire
The pictures of phase 2 do look fantastic.
I'd love to see it in the future.
Safe standing however, I'd like to see the Devonport end as a whole used for that.

Apr 21, 2007
Although I doubt there really are and intentions to fill the corners in, will they be able to fill in this corner with the changing rooms there? I suppose depending on the height of the changing rooms, they may be able to put the stand above it but where would the concourse for the fans be?

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
Kentishgreen":3uy2sw4a said:
Why? Some people are extremely ā€œconcernedā€ that the current works wonā€™t involve filling in the corners at Home Park as if that was some kind of measure as to the seriousness of the club.

It seems that we are not the only club that doesnā€™t have its corners filled in. Thatā€™s all.

Where money is 'tight', the power of lack of need will trump aesthetics any day.