Derek Adams. | Page 8 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Derek Adams.

Yay or nay?

• I still want him gone.

Votes: 28 14.5%
  • Stay please Derek take us to the Championship.

Votes: 165 85.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Jul 6, 2005
GreenThing":2ez1khpb said:
Holloway wasn’t as great as people remember. He had an unsubstainable budget and tactics consisted of hoof it to Barry Hayles and wais for Evans’s-Blake to arrive.
Spot on, you obviously know what you’re talking about.

What was Holloway thinking, putting out a midfield of Norris, Nallis, Buzsaky and Halmosi who were nothing more than a bunch of cloggers without an ounce of skill between them. Has to be the worst Argyle midfield ever, in any Division!

As for his tactics, what was he thinking up at Sunderland away, 2-2 going into the last 10 minutes and he throws on 2 forwards and we win 3-2. An absolute joke, he should have brought on a couple of defenders to try and hang on for a point and run the clock down like Wycombe; so unprofessional.

Sep 6, 2006
demportdave":nq15hka1 said:
GreenThing":nq15hka1 said:
Holloway wasn’t as great as people remember. He had an unsubstainable budget and tactics consisted of hoof it to Barry Hayles and wais for Evans’s-Blake to arrive.

What was Holloway thinking, putting out a midfield of Norris, Nallis, Buzsaky and Halmosi who were nothing more than a bunch of cloggers without an ounce of skill between them. Has to be the worst Argyle midfield ever, in any Division!

As for his tactics, what was he thinking up at Sunderland away, 2-2 going into the last 10 minutes and he throws on 2 forwards and we win 3-2. An absolute joke, he should have brought on a couple of defenders to try and hang on for a point and run the clock down like Wycombe; so unprofessional.

Agreed. Buzacky and Halmosi. Hopeless. Greenthing knows his stuff alright. In addition to making accusations about people he cant back up.

Jul 11, 2006
tiverton
I don't voice my opinion on this very often, but stay for me. With the grandstand redevelopment, and the extra finances this will bring I believe long term Derek is the right man to take us forward. Yes he is obstinate, yes he has repeated the same mistakes as last season, but we find ourselves outside the relegation places and I fancy us to finish mid table. With the finances that the grandstand will bring it will make us more competitive in relation to budget etc, so we won't be left with 4th, 5th and 6 choices. Argyle will be a far more attractive proposition to transfer targets then and I am positive this will be shown in the quality of signings.

Aug 5, 2016
Green_Flash":2juf8q9r said:
I would give him another chance now, but I would demand a detailed explanation of why he considered we have started so badly two seasons in a row, what lessons he has learnt from that and what plans he has in place to ensure it does not happen again.

You don't think the board get explanations from the manager as to why things aren't right on the pitch when we're bottom?

As for the rest of this thread, it would be interesting comparing and contrasting the opinions of posters now and two-three months ago. DA has once again demonstrated that a change of manager isn't the only factor in revolutionising a club's fortunes. The bizarre thing this season is that the players who have won 5 games out of 6 are the same ones that were bottom and hopeless only a few months before.

Mar 12, 2011
Plymouth
Balham_Green":1l3x0xlv said:
GreenThing":1l3x0xlv said:

Unbelievable. Either you have a terrible memory or you are totally clueless. I've read some rubbish on here but that beats most.

Totally agree with you, now you can understand some of the statements made on this sight,

Ian Holloway said when we where having a conversation , stated as Manager he wanted the best players the club could get, i go to the chairman with the player i'd like to have at this club and the chairmen and board either states yes or No , if no we move on, same as you can't blame Adams if he has no budget, but you can blame the Manager if they wastes there budget.

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
demportdave":12yk6gny said:
GreenThing":12yk6gny said:

I didn’t say he didn’t have decent players, where did I say Norris, Nalis, Buzsakiand Halmosi were a bunch of cloggers? I was just saying that the brand of football played under Holloway was not as great as people remember and he resorted to the long ball quite often.

Sep 2, 2008
Balham_Green":2ohxfrrp said:
GreenThing":2ohxfrrp said:

Unbelievable. Either you have a terrible memory or you are totally clueless. I've read some rubbish on here but that beats most.

Errm....I don't really want to say this but (gulp) I actually agree with you on this BG. With Holloway at the helm we were riding high and were seeing some of the best performances from an Argyle team in a long while. Some do think that he blighted all the good work he had done with his awkward move to Leicester but as with pretty much all players there isn't really any loyalty to clubs. To players, managers and some backroom staff, its just a job and they will go where the money or perceived glory is. When Adams moves on...as he surely will, I'd gladly have the comedic Bristolian back.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Totally agree with GreenThing.

Some people are looking back with green tinted spectacles.

He was a loon. The football was not as good as some remember it. Him leaving like he did, simply endorsed my feelings on the shrew faced Bristolian.

Aug 17, 2005
I know many will disagree with this but some of my favourite football under an argyle manager I enjoyed was under Ken Brown yea the wheels went off the cart but for a while I thought we were going places under him. Another person I would be happy to have back with the club in a better situation than it was is Peter Reid.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
As a club ambassador maybe. His words about Argyle on Football Focus after he left were very moving. I think he said something like ‘I’ve never been at a more loved club’ or words to that effect.

As a manager or DoF, I think his time has way gone.

Jul 12, 2016
I'd rather have Holloway than Adams. Better football,identified with the fans and tried to play for for a whole season rather than half.

May 16, 2016
Other than possessing the Emperor's Clothes, Holloway was one of those annoying situations where his name precedes the Clubs. I pointed this out to my mate who supports 'Frank Lampards Derby County' and we both agreed that the new Club named 'Paul Scholes Oldham' will eventually grate too.

Sep 6, 2006
GreenThing":3spet9fz said:
demportdave":3spet9fz said:
GreenThing":3spet9fz said:

I didn’t say he didn’t have decent players, where did I say Norris, Nalis, Buzsakiand Halmosi were a bunch of cloggers? I was just saying that the brand of football played under Holloway was not as great as people remember and he resorted to the long ball quite often.

Making it up as you go again. You DIDNT say that. You said his tactics 'consisted of hoof'.

Sep 6, 2006
IJN":k8g1pb4e said:
Totally agree with GreenThing.

Some people are looking back with green tinted spectacles.

He was a loon. The football was not as good as some remember it. Him leaving like he did, simply endorsed my feelings on the shrew faced Bristolian.

You are one of a small minority who do. I suspect you are letting your personal views cloud your judgement.