Derek's signings that maybe didn't work | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Derek's signings that maybe didn't work

Jan 17, 2017
Bovey Tracey
I'm sure we've had half a dozen threads on this very topic over the last few months.

We really need to move on and focus on the future, the way things are heading it looks like most of Adam's team will be gone by the end of the summer.

Princerock

ā™£ļø PASALB Member
Aug 14, 2011
slingsby_pobble":2ao5wgb2 said:
Princerock":2ao5wgb2 said:
Nathan Blissett
Simon Church
Nadir Ciftci
Vincent Dorel
David Goodwillie
Daniel Nardiello
Karleigh Osborne
Robbert le Loeke

you forgot Paton (possibly a loan though, can't remember)

I had thought of him....but I thought there was enough agony already without adding anymore.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Princerock":ec38jvvh said:
slingsby_pobble":ec38jvvh said:
Princerock":ec38jvvh said:
Nathan Blissett
Simon Church
Nadir Ciftci
Vincent Dorel
David Goodwillie
Daniel Nardiello
Karleigh Osborne
Robbert le Loeke

I had thought of him....but I thought there was enough agony already without adding anymore.

Paton came here on a short contract. Think he played 3 games for us?
He has had a decent career in Scotland and played regularly for Falkirk last season.
What does anyone gain by 'dissing' him when he was very briefly here and is long gone from here?
Puzzles me it really does. Time comes when a dog's toy gets so savaged and smelly that it is beyond use, you have to call the dog off, throw it away and get the dog a new toy to play with.
Or, as it has been more succinctly put: Move on!! :scarf:

Sep 6, 2006
Pogleswoody":3jl3p9a3 said:
Princerock":3jl3p9a3 said:
slingsby_pobble":3jl3p9a3 said:
Princerock":3jl3p9a3 said:
Nathan Blissett
Simon Church
Nadir Ciftci
Vincent Dorel
David Goodwillie
Daniel Nardiello
Karleigh Osborne
Robbert le Loeke

Paton came here on a short contract. Think he played 3 games for us?
He has had a decent career in Scotland and played regularly for Falkirk last season.
What does anyone gain by 'dissing' him when he was very briefly here and is long gone from here?
Puzzles me it really does. Time comes when a dog's toy gets so savaged and smelly that it is beyond use, you have to call the dog off, throw it away and get the dog a new toy to play with.
Or, as it has been more succinctly put: Move on!! :scarf:

Its a discussion forum! I paid good money to watch Paton and he was useless so I'll have my say. He was a regular for Falkirk last season and guess what happened to them?

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
TBF Pogle, Paton was very, very bad.

However, DA is in the past, I loved what I thought he was doing for 3 years, and we should remember that he bought some very, very good players to our football club.

Oct 18, 2010
St Judes
:yawn:
IJN":1ki4xw5q said:
TBF Pogle, Paton was very, very bad.

However, DA is in the past, I loved what I thought he was doing for 3 years, and we should remember that he bought some very, very good players to our football club.
Yeah but also remember the rubbish in order to have a balanced view of the previous seasons.

Aug 5, 2015
Wot course it was more luck that judgment that brought players like Carey, Lameiras, Ladapo, Bradley, Matthews etc to our club. Silly me I must have forgotten that it was all down to luck!

earl grey

Auction Winner šŸ‘Øā€āš–ļø
Nov 26, 2011
IJN":3sdm5od4 said:

Indeed

Sep 6, 2006
:thumbdown:
Kentishgreen":2eyt0zyc said:
Wot course it was more luck that judgment that brought players like Carey, Lameiras, Ladapo, Bradley, Matthews etc to our club. Silly me I must have forgotten that it was all down to luck!

A LOT of players signed a small number of whom turned out well. Quite a few very poor signings too. Seems more like luck to me.

Ted

Dec 8, 2003
Nottingham
We've obviously now hired Lowe who is an attacking minded manager.

It'll be interesting to see if we ever see two players as exciting to watch together as Carey and Lameiras.

Mar 16, 2009
London
2 words -

Playing budget.

Weā€™d been severely restricted financially throughout Adamsā€™ reign, so in general players were brought in on potential. Risks were necessary and duds were inevitable.

Adams was brilliant at signing players and through man management bringing the best out of them.

Many had meandered through their career and awoke at Argyle through the belief he gave them.

Oct 31, 2015
Justin":12g5se7n said:
2 words -

Playing budget.

Weā€™d been severely restricted financially throughout Adamsā€™ reign, so in general players were brought in on potential. Risks were necessary and duds were inevitable.

Adams was brilliant at signing players and through man management bringing the best out of them.

Many had meandered through their career and awoke at Argyle through the belief he gave them.

I think I have said before.

Nothing to do with budget all to do with how it was spent.

There were some very good players ( Carey, Fox, Ruben, Mathews, Sonny, Jake, Oscar 1 and 2, the lad that played alongside Sonny the season before last) and there were some that were ok for the league's we were in but boy there was some tosh which wasted money and wages, then there were some which were just wasted (Wylde 2,Ainsworth, the striker we signed last summer, Nearly all the CBs last summer, Nardielo and others)

Sorry but if it's a tight budget you don't waste all that. DA said last summer he had 2 X players for every position. It's a shame Most of them couldn't play in their alloted positions. Good managers use players in multiple positions not lots of players in single positions