Development update article from the Herald/JonB | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Development update article from the Herald/JonB

May 16, 2016
Army green":1e2qgtic said:
Keepitgreen":1e2qgtic said:
Army green":1e2qgtic said:
Interesting to read that it’s all on schedule, when is the finish date? September wasn’t it? I will be amazed if it’s finished this year let alone September. It’s been nearly a year since it all started hasn’t it. Having said all that, a good update from JB, every update I read I get a sense of pride from him when he talks about the development, he ciearly enjoys what he’s doing. Good on him.
October.

Haha so it’s quietly slipping already. It was definitely September. To be honest, it is when it is. September, October, November, It’s happening so that’s the main thing, what I would suggest is that argyle are open with the fans on this, especially those that sit there.

I thought they were being open. Unless you mean they might say its open and ready before it is :)

Why lie about the date, even if it slips ?

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
Army green":3spl6ali said:
Keepitgreen":3spl6ali said:
Army green":3spl6ali said:
Interesting to read that it’s all on schedule, when is the finish date? September wasn’t it? I will be amazed if it’s finished this year let alone September. It’s been nearly a year since it all started hasn’t it. Having said all that, a good update from JB, every update I read I get a sense of pride from him when he talks about the development, he ciearly enjoys what he’s doing. Good on him.
October.

Haha so it’s quietly slipping already. It was definitely September. To be honest, it is when it is. September, October, November, It’s happening so that’s the main thing, what I would suggest is that argyle are open with the fans on this, especially those that sit there.
If you're saying it was definitely September why did you post "September wasn't it?". As far as I'm aware it's always been October.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
Army green":2ti4a7o2 said:
Keepitgreen":2ti4a7o2 said:
Army green":2ti4a7o2 said:
October.

They are being open and transparent. Otherwise, why would they have webcams enabling us to watch ongoing progress and give the amazing and dedicated GoS continuing access to photograph progress on a daily basis?

T

The Grumpy Loyal

Army green":3k2kkr1m said:

In actual reality the phrase 'on schedule' is meaningless. Without actually stating it, the 'schedule' has been put back again. Clearly and obviously, you'll always be 'on schedule' when you revise the schedule date.

It went from September to October after the contaminated spoil was found. Now in the latest update Jon Back talks of being hopeful of finishing this side of Xmas.

So the new schedule month is clearly now December, barring any more unforeseen events.

It'll be interesting how the club put together a potential season ticket package with it looking like being a half and half mid-season location change for many.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Would have thought they’d offer a season and a half when buying in the close season. That would make sense.

As for the finishing date, whilst it has changed, it was always going to be the date when GLE were going to pass it back to the club. The fitting out was never going to done by them.

I can’t wait to get back to the side, but I will, because I have to. Awaiting with great anticipation though. :scarf:

Rome wasn’t built in a day and if it was promised that it would be, they certainly didn’t have internet geeks hanging off their every word.

Never again eh? <Sigh>

Jun 2, 2016
The Grumpy Loyal":wvt0rroo said:
Army green":wvt0rroo said:

In actual reality the phrase 'on schedule' is meaningless. Without actually stating it, the 'schedule' has been put back again. Clearly and obviously, you'll always be 'on schedule' when you revise the schedule date.

It went from September to October after the contaminated spoil was found. Now in the latest update Jon Back talks of being hopeful of finishing this side of Xmas.

So the new schedule month is clearly now December, barring any more unforeseen events.

It'll be interesting how the club put together a potential season ticket package with it looking like being a half and half mid-season location change for many.

Last November JB said "11 months until completion"
In Feb he said "8 months"
Where's the delay?

A

andyr1963

Even if it does slip from the September / October dates it should not make that big a difference financially, just as long as it is complete and fully functional by the big Xmas / New Year game. Mid season season ticket sales a possibility as well.

Green Taverners project is going great guns. :thumbs:

All projects of this nature have their issues that potentially add time to the schedule. That could be anything from an unexpected ground condition to a client initiated change. If that it has happened, and assuming that the critical path has been impacted, the completion date is put back. Alternatively, the client could opt to stick with the targeted date and pay the contractor acceleration to finish by that date. I see no desperate issue to complete by a certain date from the club's perspective, within reason, and the longer the contractor is on site the more it will be costing him in prelims.

Sit back and enjoy the progress. I cant wait to see that roof going on and the seats going in. Plus, of course, that first beer in the new GT building.

Not noticed this being picked up on anywhere else. From the Development Blog of March 15.

"...over and above the contracted project scope, we have just agreed to procure a rather expensive but very effective new water-proofing system that will be applied to the first few rows of the upper-tier, and to fit an angled translucent side to the Devonport End of the Grandstand, to better protect both stands and the people sitting within them."

So these are extras to the original contract, no comment on whether or not the contract period will be extended. I'm not clear on a couple of things:

* What is the new water-proofing system? First few rows of the upper tier. Other than a roof, I'm not sure what can be added? Presumably we are talking about adding protection against the elements to the materials? I'm intrigued to find out what this means.
* Angled translucent side. I recall there is already one included for the BP end of the Grandstand, so this is just doing the same at the other end. I wonder what the logic was behind just doing one initially, and what has changed since that now required enclosing both ends.
* Where are the additional funds coming from? The conspiracy theorist in me might think that this may be one of the reasons why a budget has not yet been made available to DA for next season, as we are still adding costs to the redevelopment.