Do we deserve to stayup | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Do we deserve to stayup

Jan 17, 2017
Bovey Tracey
This season has been a comedy of errors, from poor GK clearances which leave strikers with open nets, to 3 yd misses.

Do we deserve to stay up? Well if you take the Argyle who turn up and dominate teams (Oxford H etc.) then yes, but if you take the Argyle who are half-arsed and don't appear to care then we don't.

Just think, if we hadn't:

• Had so many defensive mishaps at the start of the season (too long to list!)
  • Freddie hadn't missed so many one-on-ones (again another long list)
  • Sarcevic hadn't missed all his easy chances (Bristol A, Gillingham A etc)
  • Thrown away points at the end of games (Wycombe H, Bristol H, Blackpool H etc.)

we would be easily sitting pretty in the top half of the table right now, even maybe contesting the play-offs.

Ultimately this season it's appeared that the players haven't been interested and DA has stuck with losing formulae too much. Also, the management team haven't managed to galvinise the players to perform better. It's a real shame as we all know there's a decent team in there.

My biggest worry is that if we do go down our "star" players (Carey, Reuben, etc.) will walk away and I don't think those on permanent deals will be able to bring us back from L2 any time soon.

I honestly don't think we've done enough, I just hope there are others who deserve it less than us, but either way next season will not be easy no matter what league we're in.

justanotherfan

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
Guiri Green":3e59ua8v said:
You go up or down on merit - or the lack of it.

There's no points for deserving anything. Other than being officially punished, you are where you should be, no matter how grand a Stadium or the relative amount of fans you might consider you have.

In a nutshell.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
I have to admit that I was pessimistic about our chances after we lost at home to Accrington. Since then, I have gradually become more optimistic but now, after losing 4 points in the recent Bristol Rovers and Blackpool games in added time, and considering subsequent results I am back to my post Accrington thoughts.

If we don’t get 4 points from the next 3 games we don’t deserve to stay up.

Jul 14, 2017
I guess if we stay up we deserve to - mathimatically anyway, I would be more concerned about next season, our last two seasons performances would suggest we will be bookies favourite for the drop next season......not much to look forward too !