Doncaster Match Day Thread | Page 15 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Doncaster Match Day Thread

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Knibbsworth":1i43gjlt said:
Tugboat":1i43gjlt said:
Knibbsworth":1i43gjlt said:
I haven't once mentioned promotion on these forums, you however have mentioned relegation in the post quoted, so we will see at the end of the season whether we are closer to your relegation scrap than our current position.

We lost a terrible stretch of games due to circumstances which aren't coming back. Anyone who saw Argyle at the start of the season could see heads were down, confidence was low, cohesion and spirit wasn't there.

This is a different team, a dodgy offside decision or a disallowed goal isn't going to derail us. Playing most games with 10 men for over an hour and not picking up basic strikers for tap in goals will send us down but a draw away at Doncaster won't.

Sadly there is nothing pragmatic at all about your way of thinking, it is just morbid doom mongering which treats reality as an inconvenience.

The reality of it is that we’re sitting in the table 6 points above the relegation zone that we’ve occupied for a vast period of the season and 2 teams currently holding 2 games in hand.

I’m not saying we’re getting relegated, I’m saying there’s no place for promotion talk until we’re ATLEAST safe.

Morbid doom mongering? Get your head out your ass and smell the coffee

What is this coffee that you want me to smell, that we are going down? Then for you to deny that you're saying that. Only to warn me that we might go down! Only to deny saying that again. Pick a position and stick to it.

We are 6 points above the relegation zone having started from a position of being 3 points behind everyone else. So we have matched the form of half a football division and added 9 points to what they are doing. It has been a colossal run of form.

Until at least ten other teams match that pace then no, I don't see Argyle going down. I don't see Argyle losing 9 out of 12 out of nowhere which was the form which got us into trouble in the first place.

Top teams may find six points easy to come by, ten separate bottom half teams don't secure back to back wins together.

We need to find about 15 points in 18 matches, and we've picked up 15 points in our last seven games. Blackburn, Shrewsbury are presumably the same teams we drew against at the start of this run. So you have to excuse me for not losing my mind with worry that we are about to throw it all away.

I’ll look down until I see mathematically fit not too and writing off any talk of promotion in between.

Simple as that

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
lipsonlad67":3fraaktf said:
A good day at the football today, very entertaining in the second half after a slightly low key first.

This Argyle side showed some real character in hauling back the deficit and then looking by far the more likely team to go on and win it. It was telling that in injury time there was little urgency shown from Donny compared to Argyle, who were still going for it. Donny looked like they were happy just to play out for a draw! A mark of how much we've improved as the season's gone on.

Well done Argyle. :scarf:

That for me has been the biggest sea change in this great run. At the start of the season we contained, stifled and would defend a point but now (or since that meeting after the Fleetwood defeat) the team pushes for another goal to win a game.
The mentality of the team has changed completely, helped by a change of attacking formation and the inclusion of Lameiras midway through this great run of results.

Did the players say to Adams at that meeting that they don't want to sit back and hang on anymore?

TRA1984

✨Pasoti Donor✨
Mar 4, 2008
Plymouth
Knibbsworth":2tkvtjv3 said:
Tugboat":2tkvtjv3 said:
Knibbsworth":2tkvtjv3 said:
I haven't once mentioned promotion on these forums, you however have mentioned relegation in the post quoted, so we will see at the end of the season whether we are closer to your relegation scrap than our current position.

We lost a terrible stretch of games due to circumstances which aren't coming back. Anyone who saw Argyle at the start of the season could see heads were down, confidence was low, cohesion and spirit wasn't there.

This is a different team, a dodgy offside decision or a disallowed goal isn't going to derail us. Playing most games with 10 men for over an hour and not picking up basic strikers for tap in goals will send us down but a draw away at Doncaster won't.

Sadly there is nothing pragmatic at all about your way of thinking, it is just morbid doom mongering which treats reality as an inconvenience.

The reality of it is that we’re sitting in the table 6 points above the relegation zone that we’ve occupied for a vast period of the season and 2 teams currently holding 2 games in hand.

I’m not saying we’re getting relegated, I’m saying there’s no place for promotion talk until we’re ATLEAST safe.

What is this coffee that you want me to smell, that we are going down? Then for you to deny that you're saying that. Only to warn me that we might go down! Only to deny saying that again. Pick a position and stick to it.

We are 6 points above the relegation zone having started from a position of being 3 points behind everyone else. So we have matched the form of half a football division and added 9 points to what they are doing. It has been a colossal run of form.

Until at least ten other teams match that pace then no, I don't see Argyle going down. I don't see Argyle losing 9 out of 12 out of nowhere which was the form which got us into trouble in the first place.

Top teams may find six points easy to come by, ten separate bottom half teams don't secure back to back wins together.

We need to find about 15 points in 18 matches, and we've picked up 15 points in our last seven games. Blackburn, Shrewsbury are presumably the same teams we drew against at the start of this run. So you have to excuse me for not losing my mind with worry that we are about to throw it all away.

Great post

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I'd be truly amazed if we go down and I would be equally amazed if we got into the play offs.

Compared to what I was thinking two months ago, I'm quite chuffed with that state of affairs.

Feb 26, 2012
Ivybridge
Tugboat":24x16k3x said:
Knibbsworth":24x16k3x said:

Euwwwww! If I was a betting man I'd say I was confident about us staying up. The squad appears to be gelling and the attitude is good. If we can add 1 or 2 quality players even better. Promotion? No and no thanks--I think it's too much of a stretch and as a club I don't think we're ready yet. Would be good to adjust comfortably to this level in quality and financial terms(I think an immediate promotion would test our financial prudence as i suspect we would have to buy big time to survive) and then hopefully take a tilt at promotion.

justanotherfan

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
Voice_of_Reason":18s8rc4h said:
Leave Sam alone Warney he has had to wait very patiently to put the boot in. These last few weeks have been a nightmare for him.

:funny:

justanotherfan

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
Beyton_Green":1glprxsk said:
Nothing better than coming from behind

Behave. :twisted:

justanotherfan

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
Ghost":3spqwo8o said:
warney":3spqwo8o said:
Think we look like a mid-table team to be honest.

A couple of months ago I would have given my right nut to read that sentence.

Agreed, a couple of months ago I would have given your right nut to read that sentence. :twisted: