Dressing room and away fans | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Dressing room and away fans

justanotherfan

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
Argylegames":20ioix4j said:
Those 3D views do not show the extendable tunnel.

Regardless, the tunnel can only follow the path from the dressing room door, i.e. to the bottom corner of the Barn Park End.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
justanotherfan":1ukfob54 said:
Argylegames":1ukfob54 said:

Regardless, the tunnel can only follow the path from the dressing room door, i.e. to the bottom corner of the Barn Park End.

Nope, the tunnel will be at an angle.

Jon Back said: “As a fan I’m very mindful that the players will come out between the home fans and the away fans.

“So just to maximise the benefit a bit more of being at home we will build it at a slight angle.

“We are going to look to commission a bespoke extending tunnel that will bring them just a bit further out to the pitch and a bit closer to the Green Army.”

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Quintrell_Green":3nw6x7uw said:
It strike me that unless sky lights are put into the roofing, that there will not be a huge amount of natural light into the respective rooms, especially from the rear.

I can't think of ANY dressing rooms that have natural light, normally these things are in the 'bowels' of the stadium and as a private inner sanctum probably wouldn't want any windows anyway.

justanotherfan

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
Biggs":1o13bj9f said:
justanotherfan":1o13bj9f said:
Argylegames":1o13bj9f said:

Nope, the tunnel will be at an angle.

Jon Back said: “As a fan I’m very mindful that the players will come out between the home fans and the away fans.

“So just to maximise the benefit a bit more of being at home we will build it at a slight angle.

“We are going to look to commission a bespoke extending tunnel that will bring them just a bit further out to the pitch and a bit closer to the Green Army.”

The latest 3d images posted today, Jan 15, continue to show the exit from the dressing room to be adjacent to the BP End, a low wall is shown up to the end of the pathway. The drawings for the stage 2 infill show that at that time the tunnel will be closer to the home fans.

Argylegames

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jun 12, 2006
Hampshire, UK
www.argylegames.org.uk
justanotherfan":1ub8eaym said:
The latest 3d images posted today, Jan 15, continue to show the exit from the dressing room to be adjacent to the BP End, a low wall is shown up to the end of the pathway. The drawings for the stage 2 infill show that at that time the tunnel will be closer to the home fans.

Neither set of drawings shows a tunnel. They both show the dressing-room building door. An extendable tunnel is not a permanent structure so would not need planning permission. Jon Back has said there will be an extending tunnel to bring the teams out nearer to the home fans.

tonsk

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 19, 2003
Plymouth
www.dastardlys.co.uk
To be honest, if the home support can't make more noise than the outnumbered away support for 30 seconds, there is something wrong.

tonsk

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
tonsk":8fnesb9a said:
To be honest, if the home support can't make more noise than the outnumbered away support for 30 seconds, there is something wrong.

tonsk

Large away followings are ALWAYS louder than the home fans. Especially the ones that will be in the grandstand.

pafc cobbie08

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Nov 16, 2008
Hampshire
Biggs":xt9p47iz said:
tonsk":xt9p47iz said:

tonsk

Large away followings are ALWAYS louder than the home fans. Especially the ones that will be in the grandstand.

Couldn't agree more.
The atmosphere at Home Park is hardly intimidating. Embarrassing at times to be honest.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
I didn’t mean that as an Argyle thing, more a football thing.

I think the atmosphere at HP is better than most grounds, and will obviously be much better with four sides.

Ottawa Green

Site Admin
Staff member
🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
I think you can now see where the door from the dressing room will be, the brickies have left a gap on the wall they are building.