Dressing room lock-in required. | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Dressing room lock-in required.

Oct 31, 2015
cheshiregreen":361hwg7h said:

I even find this dull.

Why should the players need this again?

Poorly prepared?
Think they are better than they are?
Not bothered?
Poor recruitment?

Surely its the managers job to make sure all the above is sorted during pre season and beyond. I find the whole situation unbelievable ney comical as we are going through the same scenario AGAIN

Mar 14, 2009
This feels abit like straw clutching.

Last season is exactly what it is. The past.

I’m not sure being honest and open will make them defend any better. It’s just words. It’s not gonna make any of the CB’s any quicker.

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
Metal_Green_Mickey":374xjzlr said:

I’m not sure being honest and open will make them defend any better. It’s just words. It’s not gonna make any of the CB’s any quicker.

What’s the alternative? Sit back and do nothing?

May 1, 2011
GreenThing":22ahpb7o said:
Metal_Green_Mickey":22ahpb7o said:

The worry is we have signed players who just aren't up to it.

Sep 6, 2006
Bristol Rich":3thzgsws said:
GreenThing":3thzgsws said:
Metal_Green_Mickey":3thzgsws said:

What? Being locked in the dressing room?

Lesley Somerville

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jan 1, 2011
Plymouth
There's no doubt that players have been at fault - penalties, sloppy passing, giving away needless free kicks etc. Adams is right that we have made it easy for opponents. I agree that our current defenders are not as good as last season's, but we are where we are so something has to be done with the resources we have. It's easy to throw your hands up and say, yeah we're f***ed but that isn't going to change anything. So to hear that the players have had a free and frank exchange is good. We are all capable of raising our game, in whatever sphere of life, and these players are being called upon to do that. Let's see what the outcome is on Saturday. Looking more to the long term, I really don't think our new chairman will allow us to go down for lack of players, so if necessary we can bring people in in January. We have to survive in the league so we can build for the future. There's a lot at stake, financially and in terms of pride. No one is going to roll over and meekly concede. I'm as frustrated as the next person but I'm willing to believe that steps will be taken to sort out the mess we're in. Again lol

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
Bristol Rich":10oyvrht said:
GreenThing":10oyvrht said:
Metal_Green_Mickey":10oyvrht said:

I’m pretty sure all who started yesterday are up to it.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Shankster":1odq1edx said:
They’re best off locking themselves in and staying there

You can’t polish a turd these lot are turds of monumental proportions. Simply not good enough

You’re giving samjones a run for his money at this rate...

Aug 8, 2013
Worcester
Was concerned when this happened at the start of last month that it was all talk, echoes of last season but with no sign of delivery. 6 weeks on, no progress, arguably worse after *that* display on Saturday.

Argyle Nutter

Golf Liaison Officer ⛳️
🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jan 16, 2006
On the sunny side of the street
I think it may need DA locking in the dressing room & the players then playing the way they want too. At least they may try to win a game rather than set up not to loose it. Last year there was an allegation that the players were too nervous and afraid of upsetting DA, looks like we may have the same issue this season.