Due to injuries 4 not available for Charlton | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Due to injuries 4 not available for Charlton

Oct 18, 2010
St Judes
Knibbsworth":yxvfb9s8 said:
Ainsworth has all the attributes to be dangerous at this level. Just why he hasn't been given a chance is a real mystery. People moan about Fletcher, Battle and Sangster not getting games, and in our reserves we have a player with pace, quick feet, and an ability to hit shots from distance like Son Heung Min. His time at Argyle has been a real waste of two years of his career. Lameiras was so close to receiving the same fate - what changed DA's mind?

Same can be said about Wylde.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
r4h4al":2jyujqu3 said:
Knibbsworth":2jyujqu3 said:
Ainsworth has all the attributes to be dangerous at this level. Just why he hasn't been given a chance is a real mystery. People moan about Fletcher, Battle and Sangster not getting games, and in our reserves we have a player with pace, quick feet, and an ability to hit shots from distance like Son Heung Min. His time at Argyle has been a real waste of two years of his career. Lameiras was so close to receiving the same fate - what changed DA's mind?

Same can be said about Wylde.

Fox looks the next in line for the fringes

Nov 2, 2004
I seem to be the only one who rates O'keefe,he looks a very neat and composed player,who looks after the ball and gets stuck in.He just needs game time.Some people are way to quick writing players off.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
ealinggreen":1uv5ynvk said:
I seem to be the only one who rates O'keefe,he looks a very neat and composed player,who looks after the ball and gets stuck in.He just needs game time.Some people are way to quick writing players off.

:iagree:
Ludicrous to write off a player with his 'history' based on brief performances with the underperforming 'team' that we have atm. Give him a chance, if a few others show the commitment that he and Yann show and we might (just might) start to turn this around.
If someone is showboating and tippytappying against us then we should knock him up in the air. Was always thus in Div 1 and always will be :clap:

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
Regardless of what O'Keefe is like, we simply should have tried to sign a quick CB on loan instead.

Oct 18, 2010
St Judes
ealinggreen":3uxlmlmk said:

I agree he needs Game-time, he could be really good for us. He's like Foxy but a bit younger, but he sits in and can pass it well, and lets the other players push on.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
r4h4al":tb4tup3i said:
ealinggreen":tb4tup3i said:

I agree he needs Game-time, he could be really good for us. He's like Foxy but a bit younger, but he sits in and can pass it well, and lets the other players push on.
Perhaps, that’s the problem (he sits). He may as well have been sat on a bench for all the help he gave Riley in the first half.

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
Cobi Budge":4vpy7jme said:
Regardless of what O'Keefe is like, we simply should have tried to sign a quick CB on loan instead.

Totally agree Cobi. Adams must be thinking that by bringing a tough tackling CDM it will help the CB’s. Can’t see it myself, you can’t just make our current CB’s quicker or pass the ball better.

Oct 18, 2010
St Judes
JannerinCardiff":9tgqec3p said:
Totally agree Cobi. Adams must be thinking that by bringing a tough tackling CDM it will help the CB’s. Can’t see it myself, you can’t just make our current CB’s quicker or pass the ball better.

You can in time actually because organisation will come in time. It's just taken longer this season, because of the poor opponents we played in pre-season.

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
r4h4al":3c0ben46 said:
JannerinCardiff":3c0ben46 said:

You can in time actually because organisation will come in time. It's just taken longer this season, because of the poor opponents we played in pre-season.

Who should in your opinion take the blame for that?

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
JannerinCardiff":rev55w9v said:
r4h4al":rev55w9v said:
JannerinCardiff":rev55w9v said:

Shankster?? :think:

:lol: :scarf: :lol:

Oct 24, 2010
davie nine":2pbl14zx said:
r4h4al":2pbl14zx said:
ealinggreen":2pbl14zx said:

Perhaps, that’s the problem (he sits). He may as well have been sat on a bench for all the help he gave Riley in the first half.
You're right. In a 433 formation it is very much part of a midfielder's job to provide cover for the full back, which he failed to do in the first twenty minutes and left Riley exposed in two or three one on one situations and the goal resulted. However, no doubt after encouragement from the bench, he got to grips with that and thereafter I thought he had a decent game.

Oct 31, 2015
JannerinCardiff":3j6rwx2f said:
r4h4al":3j6rwx2f said:
JannerinCardiff":3j6rwx2f said:

Ooh ooh I know can I answer please??

Sep 6, 2006
esmer":rwhexver said:
davie nine":rwhexver said:
r4h4al":rwhexver said:
ealinggreen":rwhexver said:

You're right. In a 433 formation it is very much part of a midfielder's job to provide cover for the full back, which he failed to do in the first twenty minutes and left Riley exposed in two or three one on one situations and the goal resulted. However, no doubt after encouragement from the bench, he got to grips with that and thereafter I thought he had a decent game.

Except it wasn't 433 was it? How many times have we talked about one man up front. O'Keefe is an easy scapegoat and didn't look great but I would say it was Carey's job to provide cover for Riley. I don't remember Toums covering his full back.