Dutch training camp cancelled (is now Spain instead) | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Dutch training camp cancelled (is now Spain instead)

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
jerryatricjanner":1c9wdts4 said:
IJN":1c9wdts4 said:
No good mate, Brian, me and Argyle Nutter are playing in Redditch for three days. Would have gone else.

A shame Ian, 3 golf courses on the doorstep, you could have combined golf and footy. I live just 15 minutes walk away so will pop up to watch the training and matches while they are here in July.

I would have loved it, but all paid up now and should be a cracking three days where we're playing to be fair.

May 16, 2016
djg145":ea1g4wqq said:
How do you find a Hotel with enough rooms empty in Spain during the middle of the Summer holidays?

Just phone up and say you want 20 - 25 rooms please, not sure how many people yet for breakfast or evening meal.

Oh and can we take over all your sports facilities!

I am intrigued as to how Argyle or anyone can do this at such short notice.

My theory is it's the vacancy caused by Burys problems. Nothing to back that up but, thought that they may have already been booked but now have other issues to worry about.

Or Groupon and booking . com.

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
djg145":3c08gsug said:
How do you find a Hotel with enough rooms empty in Spain during the middle of the Summer holidays?

Just phone up and say you want 20 - 25 rooms please, not sure how many people yet for breakfast or evening meal.

July and August is very much the low season for golf out here so the hotel would be relatively quiet in summer. They also have a sport hotel next to the 2 training pitches with gym, swimming pool etc which teams from all over Europe use all year round. Eto and Roberto Carlos were there with their Russian team a few year's ago. It's a good set up and Murcia, Elche, Alicante(Hercules) and Cartagena are all second or 3rd tier clubs within 40 to 60 minutes. For any fans coming out there is plenty to do and a huge range of amenities close by. Murcia and Alicante airports both 40 to 45 minutes away.

Aug 10, 2006
Heathrow Green":2zrfasfh said:
loyal1970":2zrfasfh said:
what a waste of money cancel it.

Why is it a waste of money?

At least provide some reasoning behind your statement.

Personally I think it's great. It's all about team bonding and building. Plus warm weather training is always gratefully received.

We could go somewhere up north for the same thing but it would cost just as much and would not properly be "warm weather training"
it's called sarcasm.

Emu

Oct 3, 2003
Sarf London
jerryatricjanner":3eqhxu3r said:
djg145":3eqhxu3r said:

July and August is very much the low season for golf out here so the hotel would be relatively quiet in summer. They also have a sport hotel next to the 2 training pitches with gym, swimming pool etc which teams from all over Europe use all year round. Eto and Roberto Carlos were there with their Russian team a few year's ago. It's a good set up and Murcia, Elche, Alicante(Hercules) and Cartagena are all second or 3rd tier clubs within 40 to 60 minutes. For any fans coming out there is plenty to do and a huge range of amenities close by. Murcia and Alicante airports both 40 to 45 minutes away.

Which part of Spain to do live in Jerry?

May 8, 2011
Heathrow Green":2hqhq1z4 said:
loyal1970":2hqhq1z4 said:

Personally I think it's great. It's all about team bonding and building. Plus warm weather training is always gratefully received.

We could go somewhere up north for the same thing but it would cost just as much and would not properly be "warm weather training"

Because apparently according to several posters on this thread a training camp in Holland was a waste of money so isn’t any training camp abroad therefore a waste of money.

Last year when Argyle were in Holland and Germany it was very hot, even up north!

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
Emu":2k3zwohk said:
jerryatricjanner":2k3zwohk said:
djg145":2k3zwohk said:

Villamartin, midway between Alicante and Murcia airports. Close to the southern most part of Alicante province just before the Murcia region.

monkeywrench

Administrator
Staff member
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jan 12, 2006
Cornwall
jerryatricjanner":itu7itxk said:
Emu":itu7itxk said:
jerryatricjanner":itu7itxk said:
djg145":itu7itxk said:

Villamartin, midway between Alicante and Murcia airports. Close to the southern most part of Alicante province just before the Murcia region.

Nice area Jerry. My mum has a small house further down in Almeria (Sorbas probably the nearest town, or maybe Turre.

Sep 6, 2006
Heathrow Green":1z23tqfb said:
loyal1970":1z23tqfb said:

You dont need to do 'warm weather training' in Spain inJuly!!! As far as I know no blizzards are forecast for July in Uk. If anything the heat could restrict training as it did in Holland last year.
When we could have flown to Sunderland last season there wasn't the budget.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
Balham_Green":1uh5d07i said:
Heathrow Green":1uh5d07i said:
loyal1970":1uh5d07i said:
That

You dont need to do 'warm weather training' in Spain inJuly!!! As far as I know no blizzards are forecast for July in Uk. If anything the heat could restrict training as it did in Holland last year.
Perhaps, we should have flown to the nearest airport to Accrington. Not impressed then, BG? That’s unusual.

Emu

Oct 3, 2003
Sarf London
jerryatricjanner":gyeeg4pj said:
Emu":gyeeg4pj said:
jerryatricjanner":gyeeg4pj said:
djg145":gyeeg4pj said:

Aha, very nice!! :) Know that vicinity.

May 16, 2016
Balham_Green":103b4tt9 said:
Heathrow Green":103b4tt9 said:
loyal1970":103b4tt9 said:

With some of the Freddie money they're going to fly up to Sunderland, wait around for a few hours and then fly back. That should put things right hopefully.

Trev501

🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸
Jam First
Brickfields Donor
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 3, 2006
Dolores (Alicante) Spain
Emu":3drtob8r said:
jerryatricjanner":3drtob8r said:
Emu":3drtob8r said:
jerryatricjanner":3drtob8r said:
djg145":3drtob8r said:

Aha, very nice!! :) Know that vicinity.

Maybe see you at a training match Jerry, I'm up the road a bit in Dolores.

Trev