Dyson | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Dyson

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
I've seen a lot of people saying we need to put Peter Grant & Dyson in, what is that based on? The fact we haven't seen them yet? By that logic, I haven't seen the kit man play football for us, might as well put him in then?

I'm not DA's biggest fan but he see's these players every day in training, and therefore there's obviously a reason Dyson/Grant/Wylde/Ainsworth etc aren't playing.

In football, you have a thing called a squad, and the weakest members of that squad don't make it into the team, that's how it works, you can't & don't accommodate everyone for the sake of it.

justanotherfan

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
If, as was reported, that Adams had been chasing Dyson for a year or more, then surely he must have known what he was getting. That would make me think that the scouting is hopeless or Adams is not such a good judge as I thought him to be, a chronic waste of a supposedly weak budget. Ainsworth was also allegedly a replacement for GC10 if he left, Wylde he obviously knew what he was getting, I have no idea about P Grant. In any other industry procurement is relative to success or loss, surely the same applies in football.

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
Steve Evans":3rp7kn66 said:
up_the_line":3rp7kn66 said:
Is he any good?
Could he play off a striker like Ladapo or Taylor whose primary skills seem to be bringing players into the game?
Or is he just here for a year's paid holiday, a big car and a fancy holiday in the summer without having to play any competitive football just like Wylde, Ainsworth, P Grant etc
fletcher should be playing alongside freddie or ryan. :furious:

Absolutely agree!

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
justanotherfan":ex734368 said:
If, as was reported, that Adams had been chasing Dyson for a year or more, then surely he must have known what he was getting. That would make me think that the scouting is hopeless or Adams is not such a good judge as I thought him to be, a chronic waste of a supposedly weak budget. Ainsworth was also allegedly a replacement for GC10 if he left, Wylde he obviously knew what he was getting, I have no idea about P Grant. In any other industry procurement is relative to success or loss, surely the same applies in football.

I’ve thought that about our scouting too.. it does appear that we sign a lot of dross.

Oct 18, 2010
St Judes
Biggs":1aji3981 said:
Football is a funny game, he could still be this year’s Ness or Lameiras who explodes into form from obscurity.

Yeah I was thinking that. He could be absolutely brilliant but Adams won't play him until last third of season like he did with Reuben.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
r4h4al":2nwjd3rc said:
Biggs":2nwjd3rc said:
Football is a funny game, he could still be this year’s Ness or Lameiras who explodes into form from obscurity.

Yeah I was thinking that. He could be absolutely brilliant but Adams won't play him until last third of season like he did with Reuben.

That’s almost certainly because Lameiras wasn’t ready, or wasn’t mentally right. As hinted at when sending him off to Oldham on trial.

It’s a bit like people saying our season only took off when we started attacking. No, we started attacking when we’d built up confidence and a strong defensive base.

May 4, 2012
Sunderland
Richard Allan":26rsrxle said:
Grimsby has 2 strikers last year who worked well together. One made the other look great. One has already scored against us, one has yet to play for us
I assume the other player you're talking about there is Dembele? Either way you're completely wrong. Dyson was not at Grimsby last season. He was at Everton and he was injured. It was the season before that he was at Grimsby and he was their young player of the year having only been there for six months.

On top of that, Dembele's not even a striker, he's a winger and he's never played in the same team as Dyson.

Dyson's a target man. I've not seen him play since his return from injury so it's difficult to gauge how good he is, but it's difficult for a target man to stand out when playing with a young squad who are being taught to play out from the back so I wouldn't expect him to 'shine' in the Peninsula League