EFL Trophy - Norwich up first (B team debate) | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

EFL Trophy - Norwich up first (B team debate)

Lundan Cabbie

āšŖļø Pasoti Visitor āšŖļø
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
PL2 3DQ":3m0lsopi said:
It all depends on if or when the financial bail out from the Premier League arrives or how many League One and Two clubs go bust.
If five or six clubs go bust some PL clubs will have a B team ready to take their place and keep the bottom two leagues at 48 teams.

I reckon there's about 12 teams in the PL who were our equals not so long ago, how insulting to us to have to play the B teams of Burnley or Sheffield United etc.

Twelve? Palace, Brighton, Sheffield United and Burnley maybe but not any of the others.

Jul 27, 2020
Just to say well done Warnock for speaking out against the Manchester City Chairman who seems to be promoting an agenda for U 21 teams to be admitted to a normal EFL match programming. AGH NO NO NO.

Speaking personally I like the way leagues are arranged as they are traditionalist opinion maybe

The poor support for matches in the EFL trophy which sadly includes U 21 sides is testament to the lack of fan interest in that development.

Is there any attraction in such an idea NO WAY.

if say his problem is having so many players needing game time then form an U 21 league dont mess with what has worked all these years

there you go said my piece

Jan 12, 2020
duke":2xzedno6 said:
if say his problem is having so many players needing game time then form an U 21 league dont mess with what has worked all these years

Or maybe the ā€˜bigā€™ clubs should just stop stockpiling players if they canā€™t give them the games they need to develop?

Jun 18, 2005
born St. Columb, Cornwall
Drake":22nm5uv8 said:
duke":22nm5uv8 said:

Or maybe the ā€˜bigā€™ clubs should just stop stockpiling players if they canā€™t give them the games they need to develop?

I quite agree, the hoovering up of talent is the result of the PL being awash with money whilst clubs in the EFL have miniscule budgets in comparison.