Eight game mini-League of eight teams. | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Eight game mini-League of eight teams.

Aug 13, 2009
Norwich - L
Bristol - D
Rotherham - W
QPR - D
Leicester - L
Stoke - D
Millwall - D
Hull - D

Something like that would probably do it. A random win against Norwich or Leicester would definitely do it. Easier said than done of course.
Agree with this but I have us beating Bristol which would give us 51 points.
Will that be enough?

Devizes Green

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Feb 8, 2016
We all seem to assume Argyle will get battered tomorrow...the crucial game will be Monday against Bristol City.If we lose that it will be very difficult to stay up and dread to think what Home Park will be like.Hopefully a nice easy win....

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
The momentum and confidence is a worry though, I don't want to be going into that City game on the back of the four scoreless home games AND a Good Friday mullering.

And we appear to have the Joe Edwards rallying call, though I don't know if it's notable that he's mentioning himself and the players motivating each other, but no mention of the head coach.

“It feels almost like a little mini-season. We've got eight games,” said Joe. “The goal still remains the same: staying in this league.

“The break was nice; it gave us a chance to refresh ourselves. Now we've got eight massive games where we need to produce performances to get results.

“It's the business end, as everyone calls it; some years you're fighting to win titles and win the league, some years you're battling to stay in the division. Each comes with its own pressures, but each shows the person inside of you, to fight and make sure you come out on top.

“That's what we'll be doing for these next eight games. We've had a good few days’ training now, with a really positive mindset, hoping we can do what we can to get the results that we need.

“At this time of season, results are the most important thing, and we need to find a way to do enough to get the results. It's about sticking together, working hard and making sure we do the right things to come out on top.

“We've got lads who have been involved in relegation battles before. We've got lads who've had promotions. We've got experience in this squad.

“I know that the boys are good enough. I'll be instilling that belief into them and making sure we do that. There are eight big games, but no reason why we can't get the results we need.”
“We’d take a 6-2 again, that would be nice!” said Joe.

“They're a good side. They're on a brilliant run of form but, who knows, the break might affect their momentum, which would be great for us.

“We'll be going into that, doing everything we can to get a result. We take confidence from the fact that we played them at home and played fantastically. We've got some brilliant players, who can produce and score goals, and we need to get that into them, make sure they can do that, and we'll put ourselves in good stead.”

Last edited:
Reactions: Chip green
Apr 15, 2004
East Devon
Here's a question to contemplate .... is there any of the other 8 we'd want to swap places with in terms of points on the board and their games remaining? I think my only choice would be Millwall for the extra 2 points and possibly Stoke (but maybe not) ?

Reactions: djg145
Jul 28, 2020
The momentum and confidence is a worry though, I don't want to be going into that City game on the back of the four scoreless home games AND a Good Friday mullering.

And we appear to have the Joe Edwards rallying call, though I don't know if it's notable that he's mentioning himself and the players motivating each other, but no mention of the head coach.

Theres one telling quote in there

If we get thumped at Norwich ( hopefully not)...joe in for the Bristol city game ?

As a former Bristol city player joe would get the boys right up for that game, I'm sure.And with confidence such a key thing that might make all the difference.

For me the bristol city game is the equivalent of the maritime plimsol line. A loss on easter monday could very well end up capsizing the ship .Its a key game in my view

Joe has the sort of personal and character qualities that not many people have.Perhaps worth more than any FA courses/ badges ?

Joe assisted by neil warnock ( until the end of the season).??

GU7Green

✅ Evergreen
May 10, 2022
Godalming, Surrey
out of all the teams that play each other in the mini league its interesting that we have the most mini league teams to play:

glass half full: at least its more in our hands!
glass half empty: wish we were playing more teams that had less to lose.

GU7Green

✅ Evergreen
May 10, 2022
Godalming, Surrey
Here's a question to contemplate .... is there any of the other 8 we'd want to swap places with in terms of points on the board and their games remaining? I think my only choice would be Millwall for the extra 2 points and possibly Stoke (but maybe not) ?
I'd happily swap with Millwall yeah.

Apr 15, 2004
East Devon
out of all the teams that play each other in the mini league its interesting that we have the most mini league teams to play:

glass half full: at least its more in our hands!
glass half empty: wish we were playing more teams that had less to lose.
The best ones to play at the end are ones that have already got a play-off spot but can't make the automatics ..... Rememeber how bloody Sunderland stuffed up our chances last time by fielding their kids in the last game?? :mad: .....
We want Hull to have no chance of a play-off spot or already have it in the bag.... God forbid a must-win for both of us !! :eek:

Last edited:
Let's assume Rotherham are out of the picture then the two teams in the worst current form appear to be Birmingham and Argyle, the others all seem to be picking up more points. Ominously in most relegation struggles the third relegated club is often one thought to be 'safe' only a few weeks previously. Again, could this be Argyle or the Blues. Blackburn haven't been in great form either and they've the toughest run-in, so could they be the 'surprise package'.

Looking at the games ahead, anyone would think Argyle had a run-in that featured Man C, Liverpool, Arsenal et al. To my mind, beyond Leicester (certainly) and Norwich (probably), the rest of the fixtures are all ones where the Greens should be contesting (and hopefully coming away with) some points. Of course, opponents will say the same when Argyle face them.

Two things, to my mind are critical, the fans lay off the naval gazing about Ian Foster's future and get behind the team on the field. The likes of St Andrews will be rocking for the Blues final home games. Home Park needs to follow suit!

I'm not overly confident, but not doom laden either. COYG!

Reactions: Ave IT

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Theres one telling quote in there

What were you thinking? I was thinking this one, which he might say as captain anyway but sounds more like a manager.

“I know that the boys are good enough. I'll be instilling that belief into them and making sure we do that. There are eight big games, but no reason why we can't get the results we need.”

Reactions: Railway sleeper
Dec 30, 2020
I absolutely hate the fact we play Hull last game.

They made some big transfers in January and are unbeaten away from home since New Year's Day (including games at Leicester and Southampton). Will probably be chasing a play off place

I've got a horrible feeling we're going to go keep our heads above water until the last day and then get relegated in horrible circumstances.

Either a drubbing similar to MK Dons two seasons ago or one of those where it's something like the team going down having been in the relegation zone for two minutes all season.

Reactions: StrictlyGreen

JadePilgrim

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Aug 7, 2012
Let's assume Rotherham are out of the picture then the two teams in the worst current form appear to be Birmingham and Argyle, the others all seem to be picking up more points. Ominously in most relegation struggles the third relegated club is often one thought to be 'safe' only a few weeks previously. Again, could this be Argyle or the Blues. Blackburn haven't been in great form either and they've the toughest run-in, so could they be the 'surprise package'.

Looking at the games ahead, anyone would think Argyle had a run-in that featured Man C, Liverpool, Arsenal et al. To my mind, beyond Leicester (certainly) and Norwich (probably), the rest of the fixtures are all ones where the Greens should be contesting (and hopefully coming away with) some points. Of course, opponents will say the same when Argyle face them.

Two things, to my mind are critical, the fans lay off the naval gazing about Ian Foster's future and get behind the team on the field. The likes of St Andrews will be rocking for the Blues final home games. Home Park needs to follow suit!

I'm not overly confident, but not doom laden either. COYG!
Speaking of being doom laden. There's a lot of it about at the moment, but in reality I think it's a natural way of preparing yourself for the very worst. One thing I can say is that, there are eight games and if anyone thinks they're all going to go with form, then they're in for a shock. Fingers crossed at least one of those shocks is in our favour!

COYG.

Dec 3, 2005
One thing is for sure, NONE of the eight will have 'so called easy games', every game will be tough. Yes even the Rotherham game. There are 4 or 5 teams that would swop positions with Argyle, right now.
Everything is in our own hands, at this moment.
Remember, 'Football is a funny old game' there will be some unexpected results for sure.
The players, the management and the SUPPORTERS, need to clear there heads of all the doom & gloom, and all pull together in the same direction.
If you are rowing a boat, it's always best if EVERYONE, pulls together, in the same direction.
COYG'S