Eight years ago today. | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Eight years ago today.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Surprised you forgot to mention Pasoti Tony, you were full of admiration at the time.

Remember the slogan Pasoti- Green Taverners - Argyle Fans Trust.

:wave:

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
PL2 3DQ":2h13yd0f said:
Winding up petition, unpaid staff, unpaid players, unpaid contractors, unpaid suppliers, Todd, Mastpoint, PAST&DT, Stapleton, Dubai, Peter Ridsdale, £1 buyout, Pasoti, fans, Greenishugh, Kagami, Japan, Irish Consortium, winding up petition again, unpaid heating bill, Peter Reid, Carl Fletcher, Romain Larrieu, waifs, strays, youth, loanees, HMRC, winding up petition yet again, secret High Court, administration, fans, Brendan Guilfoyle, David Hinchliffe, CVA, Ed Moore, Chris Errington, Preferred Bidder, 10 points deducted, relegation, GOS, fans, Sue Pollard, donations, buckets, Green Taverners, Nikk, Fan Fests, AFT, Lee Jameson, Peter Ryan, Jim Benton-Evans, John Petrie, Brighton, Fans Reunited, Lombard, speeches, Chris Webb, auctions, Ian Newell, Contingency Group, Peter Jones, Graham Clarke, Jamie Yabsley, Matt Slater, fans, Home Park vigil, candles, pizzas, pasties, champagne, PCC, Civic Centre, Holiday Inn, breakfast, Kevin Heaney, where to start in non-league, Guildhall, Pavilions, Paul Buttivant, Bishop International, PAFC125, no kit, fans, Shrewsbury - Fletch top corner, GASB, PASB, Firoz Kassam, James Brent, Akkeron, 500 signatures, Green Pilgrim, fans, staff, players! Saved!

:clap:

Some great names there, I'd also add ZeeZan, Oddball, Leigh Rapson Wozzer and Tony Hooper. :nworthy:

tonycholwell

R.I.P
Jun 9, 2006
Somerset
IJN":2lmolisf said:
Surprised you forgot to mention Pasoti Tony, you were full of admiration at the time.

Remember the slogan Pasoti- Green Taverners - Argyle Fans Trust.

:wave:

Damn, Yes I did, they were heady days,

It is something of a tightrope I walk as this is my personal account, which I use for Trust announcements and news. So I try to keep it factual and leave my own personal feelings out.

Andy S

Administrator
Staff member
🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
PL2 3DQ":13hajmqw said:
That horrible period certainly brought the fans together, I don't think any Argyle team has ever received such support. A mistake or misplaced pass wasn't groaned at, instead the player would get fantastic encouragement from the fans.

Also, the vigil outside of Home Park was something never to be forgotten.
Strangely, it was a good and bad time to be a supporter of PAFC.

Winding up petition, unpaid staff, unpaid players, unpaid contractors, unpaid suppliers, Todd, Mastpoint, PAST&DT, Stapleton, Dubai, Peter Ridsdale, £1 buyout, Pasoti, fans, Greenishugh, Kagami, Japan, Irish Consortium, winding up petition again, unpaid heating bill, Peter Reid, Carl Fletcher, Romain Larrieu, waifs, strays, youth, loanees, HMRC, winding up petition yet again, secret High Court, administration, fans, Brendan Guilfoyle, David Hinchliffe, CVA, Ed Moore, Chris Errington, Preferred Bidder, 10 points deducted, relegation, GOS, fans, Sue Pollard, donations, buckets, Green Taverners, Nikk, Fan Fests, AFT, Lee Jameson, Peter Ryan, Jim Benton-Evans, John Petrie, Brighton, Fans Reunited, Lombard, speeches, Chris Webb, auctions, Ian Newell, Contingency Group, Peter Jones, Graham Clarke, Jamie Yabsley, Matt Slater, fans, Home Park vigil, candles, pizzas, pasties, champagne, PCC, Civic Centre, Holiday Inn, breakfast, Kevin Heaney, where to start in non-league, Guildhall, Pavilions, Paul Buttivant, Bishop International, PAFC125, no kit, fans, Shrewsbury - Fletch top corner, GASB, PASB, Firoz Kassam, James Brent, Akkeron, 500 signatures, Green Pilgrim, fans, staff, players! Saved!

Holiday Inn.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Andy_S":311e7a44 said:
PL2 3DQ":311e7a44 said:
That horrible period certainly brought the fans together, I don't think any Argyle team has ever received such support. A mistake or misplaced pass wasn't groaned at, instead the player would get fantastic encouragement from the fans.

Also, the vigil outside of Home Park was something never to be forgotten.
Strangely, it was a good and bad time to be a supporter of PAFC.

Holiday Inn.

:thumbs:

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
Johnny Paradise":25l7hfy4 said:
At work trying to check on here as much as I could without the boss noticing :funny: :scarf:

Me too. I can’t remember doing much work that day - too nervous!

Graham Clark

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
🚑 Steve Hooper
Nov 18, 2018
One person who rarely gets the credit for the role she played in saving the Club is Vivien Pengelly. She was Leader of the Council during 2011 when she stated that she would do all she could to save the Club. The key to James Brent’s purchase of the Club was the willingness of the Council to agree to a sale and leaseback of the Stadium. Without that political will the Club would have folded. Her reward for playing her part in saving the Club was to lose control of the Council in the elections in the following May!

Honourable mentions should also be given to Gordon Sparkes who led the radio campaign on Radio Devon and Natalie Cornah who ensured extensive coverage on BBC Spotlight. The media coverage was essential in maintaining the momentum of the campaign to save the Club.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Embarrassed as hell to have forgotten Vivian. Without a doubt one of THE most important people during this time.