England v Cameroon Sunday 23rd June 4.30pm | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

England v Cameroon Sunday 23rd June 4.30pm

Jan 17, 2017
Bovey Tracey
England showing they can keep their heads while it gets messy on the pitch, good on the women.

Cameroon were a disgrace, how their player didn't get sent off for the elbow at the start was beyond me, but throughout the game they were clearly trying to play the player rather than the ball.

I figure if there were 20 minutes left that foul at the end would have been a straight red, maybe the ref playing a bit of diplomacy to get to the final whistle without a fight kicking off.

Don't think we'll be seeing that ref again and glad the women made it through unscathed (assuming nothing aches overnight)

up the line

🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
Well I thought England did very well to keep playing the game in the correct manner despite serious provocation and frankly bizarre and embarrassing behaviour by Cameroon.
All 3 decisions were correct regarding goals given and disallowed and even if they weren't there's no excuse for the histrionics.
The elbow was deliberate and Parris is fortunate not to have a fractured cheekbone.
The spitting incident is a red card.
The foul on Houghton is just dispicable and a potentially very dangerous tackle - an ankle breaker, a definite red. Then she's verbally abused whilst receiving treatment.
Cameroon were overwrought throughout and totally wound up, which must be in part due to the coach.

I thought Duggan, after a very poor first half really grew into the game as it went on and was so glad she made the pinpoint cross for the third goal.
Bronze was also very good at right back.
England need to cut out the unforced errors and I thought Bardsley could have been quicker off her line a couple of times.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
Bernie Bernbaum":1680cpyd said:
Thats better. Well worked corner.
I suppose you think that you wriggled out of your post 2 minutes earlier by saying that.
Looked similar to an Alexander-Arnold/Origi effort to me.
That filthy spit early on would have warranted a red card in EPL or EFL. VAR should have picked that up.
I guess we have to accept that ladies’ football is developing in Cameroon and their players were naïeve.