England v Croatia | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

England v Croatia

Jul 25, 2011
PL2 3DQ":7pxmp11m said:
Yep. The Premier League juggernaut will start again next month. Sky have been shut out of the World Cup and will do their best to show that the PL is the only football competition that counts and that football was invented in 1993.
The only good I can see coming from them is a potential law suit against fifa for disrupting the domestic season to accommodate their ludicrous winter World Cup in Qatar anchored by the minute detail they didn’t ever disclose the fact every league on earth would have to disrupt their domestic season to accommodate their outrageous decision. Don’t think they’ll take it laying down unless their palms have been well and truly greased by Arab oil money.... oh ha ha silly me I forgot the PL is the legit oil money bank of choice

Super horns

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Jul 26, 2008
A half too far...

Played very well for 45 minutes and could have been 2/3 up.

Then our inexperienced and lack of quality in certain areas showed..

Let Croatia come at us and didn't really know how to respond.

Seen some claiming the first Croatia goal could have been a foul for a high foot?

Fair call or just clutching at straws?

Excellent tournament overall but beaten by a better more street wise side.

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
WFC4EVER":1bh191ed said:
A half too far...

Seen some claiming the first Croatia goal could have been a foul for a high foot?

There was a good shout for a high foot for their goal, also a good penalty claim. Brazil would have been rolling around for both of them, but to their credit, England just got on with it. Well done to them.

Aug 5, 2015
It was like watching England of old. Croatia stopped our back three from playing it out and pressurised us every time we went backwards resulting in a hoof up field and passing possession back to Croatia. We appear to have learned nothing. We were good for 30 minutes or so and then crap thereafter. There should have been a change of tactics at half time but it didn’t happen. We relied on them running out of steam and they didn’t.

Super horns

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Jul 26, 2008
GreenThing":1iwiq0l2 said:
WFC4EVER":1iwiq0l2 said:
A half too far...

There was a good shout for a high foot for their goal, also a good penalty claim. Brazil would have been rolling around for both of them, but to their credit, England just got on with it. Well done to them.

Croatia did seem to be like Colombia - moaning at first but once they started playing football were the better side - only this time we couldn't get the win.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
We've done well from set pieces and we had three corners 'disallowed'. Where was VAR last night?
Anyone tell me why Kane's shot that hit the post and came off the goalie was a goalkick?? :think:

If we had a Modric or a Hazard or (even) a Wilshere with a few uninjured seasons behind him, we'd be there. Alli is England's Carey but where was England's Foxy?? :cry:

Ho hum !1 ;)

Oct 24, 2010
We've had a great tournament and did exceptionally well but the second half last night showed clearly the gap between us and the top sides. Once their midfield of Modric, Rakitic and Brozovic got going and upped the tempo they bossed the game and forced us from a back three into a back five and we were then reduced to a long ball game which was easily dealt with by the Croatia back four. Even when we got into their half instead of retaining possession we were still putting the ball up in the air in the forlorn hope Sterling, Lingard or Kane could get onto it.
It could have been very different though if it wasn't for Kane's miss; although we struggled getting forward we were well capable of defending a two goal lead. But it was not to be and, in fairness, the better team won.

May 22, 2006

Anyone tell me why Kane's shot that hit the post and came off the goalie was a goalkick?? :think

The keeper took the kick two yards away from the six yard box, so presumably offside had been given.

Kane wasn't offside but as you say, there were a couple of clear corners and a throw-in not given to England, so VAR didn't seem to be correcting wrongs last night.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
If Kane had scored I think VAR would have been used to decide the linesman (who was poor all game) was wrong to flag for offside and the goal would have stood.

Sep 6, 2006
pastiesforlife":31lauydl said:

Anyone tell me why Kane's shot that hit the post and came off the goalie was a goalkick?? :think

The keeper took the kick two yards away from the six yard box, so presumably offside had been given.

Kane wasn't offside but as you say, there were a couple of clear corners and a throw-in not given to England, so VAR didn't seem to be correcting wrongs last night.

VAR doesn't deal with corners and throw ins. If they did the game would never finish. The ref didn't get everything right never well. He makes mistakes like all the players. There were decisions went on our favour too. Kane was definitely given offside(very late) but the commentator on ITV was too dumb to work it out. Otherwise it would have been a corner. Like Posty says VAR would have corrected that. If he had squared for Sterling there was an open goal and we could be sitting in the final now.

Oct 5, 2003
Devon
PL2 3DQ":3p9n5kwp said:
Yep. The Premier League juggernaut will start again next month. Sky have been shut out of the World Cup and will do their best to show that the PL is the only football competition that counts and that football was invented in 1993.
The WC will be used to paper over the cracks for years, which is the saddest outcome of all. I would be amazed if the ratio of English players in the 'E'PL moves from its negative trajectory.