Exeter City sell another youngster | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Exeter City sell another youngster

monkeywrench

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jan 12, 2006
Cornwall
I see Ollie Watkins on the verge of a £33m move to Villa! Wonder what slice Exeter will get out of that.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
Jim White on Sky Sports News just said that he is being offered a record deal.......... I didn't even know that Ollie Watkins could sing.

:whistle:

Forest of Dean Green

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Mar 5, 2009
Gloucestershire
IJN":1eps806d said:
£6.6 million.

Just been reading that. Sickening on the one hand but well done on the other. From a loan season at Weston to a 33m move. Bloody hell. If we had the academy system we should, that could/should have been us filling the coffers. Sticks in the craw and glad to see the club addressing it.

monkeywrench

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jan 12, 2006
Cornwall
Exeter have a habit of doing this. Fantastic for them, nothing but admiration.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Agree. Without doubt at the moment they have a better academy set up than us.

However, we have Neil Dewsnip and I'm sure we're not paying him big bucks to sit around and enjoy the Devon air.

I'm sure the wrong created by our administration will be righted soon.

May 8, 2011
IJN":121p0g4f said:
Agree. Without doubt at the moment they have a better academy set up than us.

However, we have Neil Dewsnip and I'm sure we're not paying him big bucks to sit around and enjoy the Devon air.

I'm sure the wrong created by our administration will be righted soon.

The main issue with improving the Academy is the lack of a base and infrastructure.
If anyone knows a landowner with plenty of level land that isn’t in an AONB in or near Plymouth who would like to donate it to Argyle, I’m sure they would appreciate it.

I’m sure Argyle would like a training base set up similar to Exeter’s.

May 8, 2011
Perhaps slightly ironic that of the Argyle youngsters recently to have made or will make a breakthrough into the first team, Purrington and Cooper both are from Exeter.

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
Garland_Greene":44ergh2o said:
Aston Villa have signed Ollie Watkins from Brentford for a fee of £28m, potentially rising to £33m in add-ons.

TalkSPORT just said Exeter are to get £4M

IJN quotes a figure of £6.6M . They could possibly buy HP for that!

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
TalkSPORT are wrong.

They have a 20% sell on clause.

So I would imagine that’s £5.6 million initially then another cool million when the sell ins have been reached.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
IJN":1qiwteo0 said:
TalkSPORT are wrong.

So I would imagine that’s £5.6 million initially then another cool million when the sell ins have been reached.
:sick: :sick: :sick:

demportdave

🍌 Bomber Harris.
Jul 6, 2005
Devon Live reporting a 15% sell-on clause on the profit after the initial £1.8M transfer fee.

Don’t think ECFC want to make too much of it publicly, probably because it will inflate any transfer fees or salaries they may pay to anyone they are looking to sign. However, I still doubt they will be able to strengthen their team sufficiently to make a serious attempt at automatic promotion.

In the long-term, this windfall will make them immune from the effects of the loss of income due to COVID-19 that will undoubtedly affect many League 1 and 2 clubs.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
Good luck to ECFC. As far as I’m concerned, I am happy that we are now in League 1.
Why should we begrudge them any benefit that they receive from their Academy?
Hopefully, at some time in the future, we will receive similar benefits as long as it does not affect our aims to reach the Championship.

Mar 18, 2020
Carson City
IJN":36vdo64d said:
TalkSPORT are wrong.

You've got to admire them up the road for this. Maybe they can finish off their ground now.