Exeter humiliated 0-4 in the Play Off Final, | Page 20 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Exeter humiliated 0-4 in the Play Off Final,

Who to win the play-off final?

• Exeter City

Votes: 58 44.6%
  • Northampton Town

Votes: 59 45.4%
  • Don't care

Votes: 13 10.0%

• Total voters
Jun 4, 2015
Ford
Bermudian Green":1qmajfjm said:
Lundan Cabbie":1qmajfjm said:
I was at Home Park for Newcastle's promotion celebrations. That showed some class too but there were a few who didn't think so.

That wasn't class. That was taking the pi$% out of our own fans after we'd just been relegated.
I know just the bleddy record to play for that lot up the road now - Britney’s ‘Oops, I Did It Again’ :funny:

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
Steve Evans":plsz00nz said:
i don't feel sorry for exeter but would have preferred them to win as it's two local derbies we won't have.

Not to worry Steve. We’ve still got Rovers and Swindon. Only 130 odd miles or so away, but we still took nearly 2,500 to Swindon last season. Both of those will bring good numbers to HP too, as will Sunderland, Ipswich and Pompey (if they fail in the play offs).

The pathetically small number we are able to take to City's L2 stadium is no loss. Mind the gap eh!

Argylegames

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jun 12, 2006
Hampshire, UK
www.argylegames.org.uk
AdelaideGreen":x6xfsxaq said:
I was going to post that it must have been really quiet on the Exeter "cardboard cut out" coach home, but then I realised that the atmosphere would have been a lot better than on the team bus.

I'm sure I heard somewhere that they had travelled to London in seven vehicles because of social distancing. Very odd quiet trip back.

Does anybody know if the Lowe cutout made the trip?

Dreamgreen

✅ Evergreen
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 28, 2004
Salisbury, Wiltshire
Lowe's cut out was there - they featured it at the start if the programme (Sky). I think he threw the Excreta scarf on the ground at the end in disgust :greensmile:

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
Exeter supporters should be thankful for Covid-9. They have saved themselves the time and cost of travelling to London and enduring a sad old journey home. I know what it is like, having been to Twickenham and seen Cornwall lose in the Final of the County Championship and we are 100 miles further west. For every winner there must be a loser and unfortunately for them it had to be Exeter, yet again. They will be regretting their own performance this morning, and as for Moxey, a man of his age and experience deserves releasing for putting in that ridiculous tackle in a non threatening part of the pitch.

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
Kentishgreen":39ulwbz6 said:
No doubt the herald will be reporting how desperately unlucky they were. :shifty:

I don't think anyone could argue that! The Herald may well jump on the next negative Argule story though.

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
I don’t think even the most myopic, biased newspaper or radio station could portray that humiliation in any other way than a total embarrassment. Oh, hang on though - up until Moxey got sent off, weren’t Exeter getting back into it? Could they have staged an amazing comeback and won 3-2? Ha.

The red and white striped voodoo strikes again. Incredible how many teams wearing such streaky strips have failed to win a play off final.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
I watched the highlights on Quest. Exeter were really poor, especially in defence and dealing with set-pieces but at least they can console themselves with 25% of gate receipts!!

Poor Stuart James. :lol:

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
Talking of Quest, I notice that their league table, shown at the end of the highlights programme, put us 2nd to Swindon with Crewe 3rd.

Dec 3, 2005
I don't really give a damn about Exeter City FC, but I wouldn't gloat at their poor performance and demise at an empty Wembley.
We know how it feels to go to Wembley and play poorly, i isn't nice being there and witnessing it, at least the supporters didnt have to go through that horrible feeling of being there and then the long journey home.

I wish them no ill in their season in the 4th tier of football - right enough of that crap.

Let's just concentrate on ARGYLE and looking forward to our season in the 1st Division (3rd in old money), however next season pans out, I hope at some stage we can actually watch a game of football again at Home Park.

That is all I am concerned about :scarf:

Aug 5, 2016
Steve Evans":26p17oao said:
i don't feel sorry for exeter but would have preferred them to win as it's two local derbies we won't have.

We'll sell our allocation for Bristol Rovers, and they'll sell out the away end at Argyle, so nothing lost there.

Aug 12, 2016
Bang Phra. Thailand
Given the afore mentioned 'curse' on red and white stripes in play off finals it may not be long before they anounce a change of colours due to 'bad luck'.

Oh hang on, they did that in 1911 when they ditched green shirts for the same reason.

Any suggestion / reason on new colours for these sad dupes?