Expectations for the season? | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Expectations for the season?

Sep 6, 2006
Tugboat":h3sm2ruh said:
We’ve got goals in us. Thats alone will put us mid table.

Once we have consistency and understanding at the back I think we could achieve between mid table and playoffs.

I’d be far less surprised at us finishing too 3 than I would be finishing bottom 3.

We had goals in us when we got relegated!

Sep 6, 2006
IJN":3ah7x3gj said:
I really fancy us this season. So much so, I put £50 on promotion.

The last time I did that, was after the League Cup game at Watford in the 2000/2001 season. That worked out quite well. :greensmile:

A fool and his money.......

Sep 6, 2006
Balham_Green":3frljyep said:
IJN":3frljyep said:
I really fancy us this season. So much so, I put £50 on promotion.

The last time I did that, was after the League Cup game at Watford in the 2000/2001 season. That worked out quite well. :greensmile:

A fool and his money.......

Are easily parted.

Lousy Pint

Jam First
Sep 23, 2005
Milano
As usual, when a new season approaches, I sit on the Charles Dickens side of the expectations fence.

However, this season is so full of unknowns that anything could happen.

I honestly think we are more likely to be pushing for promotion than fighting against relegation and I believe promotion is what we'll be aiming for. We seem to be a club on the up, with a lot of ambition.

For me, the minimum should be mid table security.

I also hope the fans are back in the new year and that you all stay healthy.

Enjoy!! :scarf:

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
Predictions like this are created out of supporters blind loyalty rather than any rationale. I am keeping my thoughts dry until Argyle have played at least 6 League games, with 3 at home and 3 away. I will be a bit more confident than.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
jimsing":2slbyc72 said:
Careful Balham, without a smiley the owner could take exception to your remarks.

Not at all.

Clive squeaks when he walks I reckon.

Olaf

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🚑 Steve Hooper
Aug 2, 2016
If you fancy a punt on Argyle and aren’t quite as optimistic as Ian then I suggest the handicap list on Bet365. Each team is allocated additional points according to their anticipated league position.

So, for example, Sunderland get 0 points, Peterborough +2 points, Portsmouth +4 points etc. Argyle are +20 points which I think is generous!

These points are added at the end if the season to give a new league table.

All teams are 18/1. I’m on it.

A word of warning. I’ve done this bet with Argyle many times and never won!! There’s always a surprise team that over performs. I’m hoping it’s our turn!!

Jul 12, 2016
Quintrell_Green":17lfioj1 said:
Predictions like this are created out of supporters blind loyalty rather than any rationale. I am keeping my thoughts dry until Argyle have played at least 6 League games, with 3 at home and 3 away. I will be a bit more confident than.
I'm with you. Nobody knows the standard we will be up against this season and in the current situation we might even see the season curtailed again. As I have said previously I will be happy to see us consolidate our position.Anything else would be a bonus.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
Olaf":4m2en7fg said:
If you fancy a punt on Argyle and aren’t quite as optimistic as Ian then I suggest the handicap list on Bet365. Each team is allocated additional points according to their anticipated league position.

So, for example, Sunderland get 0 points, Peterborough +2 points, Portsmouth +4 points etc. Argyle are +20 points which I think is generous!

These points are added at the end if the season to give a new league table.

All teams are 18/1. I’m on it.

A word of warning. I’ve done this bet with Argyle many times and never won!! There’s always a surprise team that over performs. I’m hoping it’s our turn!!
Surely, it must have been Wycombe last year?