F1 2021 | Page 13 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

F1 2021

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
None of that was Masi's fault. The safety car has always bunched together cars that were spread apart prior to a crash, that's nothing new.
Masi never influenced Mercedes' one stop strategy. They may have given Red Bull some inside info to change their tyres after Latifi's crash.
Is there any proof Masi gave Red Bull exclusive information? Not that I've heard of.
The crash changed everything, suddenly vindicated Red Bull's multiple stop strategy and ruined Hamilton for his one stop and worn tyres.
It is desperately unlucky and unfair on Hamilton who was cruising to a title, but it isn't evidence of corruption.
I never mentioned corruption.
Just my observation as a non-anorak that it wasn't 'racing' in the layman's (Newbie's) understanding of the term.

Sep 13, 2003
That happens with a safety car, has done ever since the safety car was introduced. Plenty of drivers have had their race changed for good and bad in the past. Lewis regained a whole lap and was able to get his car repaired at Imola as a result of a red flag, which led to a podium finishes when he had no chance of any points. Fisichella also won a race due to a red flag when his car was buried in the tyre wall!

Loosing your time advantage when a safety car is deployed is nothing new and the teams use that to their advantage as part of tactics. During the race on Sunday, Lewis and his engineer were on the radio discussing what tyres to put on if they did an extra stop due to a safety car, in the event they decided not to pit while Red Bull did.

Lewis won at Silverstone last year (or maybe the previous year) as the safety car came out after other cars had made their stops, this enabled Lewis to pit and rejoin in the lead and to go on to win. He’s won before with safety cars and this time he lost out. It’s unfortunate for Lewis, but it happens.
Fisichella didn't crash in that race, he was leading it when the race was red flagged. Remember this race vividly, one of the most chaotic races of all time. Coulthard was actually leading but had pitted a few laps before and Räikkönen originally was awarded the win after a count back a couple of laps before Alonso's crash.

One of the few races where Schumacher actually made a mistake in the race.

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
Fisichella didn't crash in that race, he was leading it when the race was red flagged. Remember this race vividly, one of the most chaotic races of all time. Coulthard was actually leading but had pitted a few laps before and Räikkönen originally was awarded the win after a count back a couple of laps before Alonso's crash.

One of the few races where Schumacher actually made a mistake in the race.

Ok thanks for that. I remembered Fisi won it on countback and Kimi had to hand the trophy over, but thought Fisi was involved in in the accident as well. My mistake.

Andy S

Administrator
Staff member
🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
So, the new President of the FIA has publicly stated that Lewis Hamilton will be investigated by the FIA, with possible repercussions because he failed to turn up to the FIA trophy presentation evening. Neither did Toto Wolff, nor Valteri Bottas but Hamilton is being investigated.

Why?

Well, to quote the new President of the FIA..."we have to follow the rules".

You couldn't make it up!

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
So, the new President of the FIA has publicly stated that Lewis Hamilton will be investigated by the FIA, with possible repercussions because he failed to turn up to the FIA trophy presentation evening. Neither did Toto Wolff, nor Valteri Bottas but Hamilton is being investigated.

Why?

Well, to quote the new President of the FIA..."we have to follow the rules".

You couldn't make it up!

That’s a bad move Andy. The top 3 are duty bound to attend, which is understandable, but in these times? Hamilton would have to quarantine when he arrived in France so wouldn’t have been able to attend. Lewis could have flown straight to France from the race, but does anyone really expect him miss out on receiving his knighthood to do so?

Andy S

Administrator
Staff member
🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
It’s the “rules is rules” bit that cracks me up. I thought the rule book had been thrown out of the window. 😂