FA Cup 1st Round draw (ball number 33) | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

FA Cup 1st Round draw (ball number 33)

memory man

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
I am pretty sure that at some stage, maybe after the first round, that there is a 3 way split. After all expenses have been deducted each side gets a third and the FA get the other third. And that is how they fund the prize money. It used to be called the "FA Pool".

Mar 23, 2019
why wouldnt you want a bye through to the next round? its all about making R3 to get a great away day, not playing forest green at home in front of 6000 people.

Jan 17, 2017
Bovey Tracey
Pootle's Pom Pom":3flq2gbc said:
Willis88":3flq2gbc said:
Just a thought:

Given the ticket revenue is split 50:50 each game, the home team are always worse off financially due to them having to host the game(assuming staffing + stewarding + policing + electric + heating isn't offset by any side income - shop/kiosks etc)

(unless travel cost for the visiting team balances the above)

Therefore the home team would need a win to mop up the deficit.

Surely we would rather either a bye or a "local" away draw to a team with a "decent" following and a "decent" size away stand (Bristol/Swindon etc).

Feel free to correct my assumptions.

It is the net ticket revenue that is split 50:50 - so gate receipts minus the costs of staffing, police, stewarding etc.

Haha there we go, always confused me that one, thanks :thumbup:

Best off having a winnable game at home against a team with a good away following.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
memory man":3r24xtj2 said:
I am pretty sure that at some stage, maybe after the first round, that there is a 3 way split. After all expenses have been deducted each side gets a third and the FA get the other third. And that is how they fund the prize money. It used to be called the "FA Pool".

The split of gate money profit in all rounds up to the semis is 45%/45% and 10% to the FA.