FA Cup replays gone | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

FA Cup replays gone

Apr 1, 2017
I'm so angry about this. A Premier League/FA stitch up with no consultation. The game that I love is being taken away from me piece by piece. Its time us fans stood up to be counted ...I'd support any boycott of the FA Cup next season by Argyle.
Well said....
Karma will strike them when the super league eventually happens...

Bryan Tregunna

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Sep 22, 2003
I am also disappointed. Things had to change due to the enlargement of the European competitions, but to make a decision without consulting representatives from ALL parties is just wrong.
However, those who advocate allowing the big greedy clubs to go their merry way elsewhere plays into the hands of the greedy owners and ignores the fans of those clubs. Remember that the ESL was binned because of the reaction of fans of those clubs.
Also, an EFL boycott would probably also suit the Prem clubs, and their Asian supporters.

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
If the cancellation of FA Cup replays is the price the EFL clubs need to bite on, in order for the Premier League to agree to the massive increase in the proposed trickle down grants to the lower Football Leagues, then I am happy to accept the new proposals. The financial gain would be far greater, with certainty, than the likes of say Sutton drawing at Man City in the 3rd Round and bringing them back to their home ground and just benefitting from the revenues of the replay tie.

Reactions: Joe Totale

Quinny

Cream First
Jul 15, 2006
Kenton, Devon
We need a massive clubs and fans protest, just like happened when a European super league was proposed. There is a petition you can sign at

Those online petitions are always ignored. The Premier League teams won't give two hoots about the teams lower down the pyramid when they're looking at the cash-rich overseas markets of the Far East.

Reactions: Emeraldinho
Dec 3, 2005
What is it in today's society, where those in charge of anything, just like to change things, even when those things have been going for over a hundred years, with NO PROBLEMS. Sadly nowadays it's money that talks, who cares about the magic or dreams anymore.
The FA Cup is a shame, a shadow of it's former self.
It started to devalue itself, when the Semi Finals started to be played at Wembley, just to help pay for the new stadium. There is no magic of being in the Final at Wembley, you already been there in the Semi Finals. And now we have no replays, another dream shattered, the lower league teams who amaze everyone by ending the game level, will not have that dream of playing at the big stadiums.
Sadly the FA Cup is becoming just a Micky mouse competition.
Also the FA & the Premiershite have agreed that the clubs in the exclusive league, have a longer break in the summer, apparently to give the players a rest lol
More likely to give the clubs more time to travel the world, playing exhibition games

Oct 31, 2015
Read this earlier. The big boys get their way in the end🤦🤦. FA cup replays can save lower league clubs but no the big boys take over🤬
Maybe pushing some of that TV money down a few levels may help but that won't happen either.

I truly hope a prem side falls into oblivion soon which will make the powers that be sit up and look (although they probably wont)

Aug 10, 2006
Moan utd devalued the FA Cup when they pulled out years ago to go on tour they should never have been allowed back in the competition.

Reactions: 999mattyg

999mattyg

✅ Evergreen
🚑 Steve Hooper
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 13, 2007
Launceston
I would love to know what sort of consultation The FA made before agreeing this, not sure anyone League One and down would agree. Abither nail in the coffin of the football pyramid
There was no consultation with the EFL or national league.

Quinny

Cream First
Jul 15, 2006
Kenton, Devon
Moan utd devalued the FA Cup when they pulled out years ago to go on tour they should never have been allowed back in the competition.

I was going to make that point (although it was to play in the World Club Championships, and the FA backed United in their decision).

999mattyg

✅ Evergreen
🚑 Steve Hooper
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 13, 2007
Launceston
Those online petitions are always ignored. The Premier League teams won't give two hoots about the teams lower down the pyramid when they're looking at the cash-rich overseas markets of the Far East.
They are definitely not ‘always ignored’! It very much depends on the nature of the petition, the platform, and how many signatures it gets! It’s a good tool to gather public opinion at the very least.

Mar 10, 2017
Ipplepen
Keep the FA cup replays and all rounds should be on a weekend. If the European qualifiers don’t like it they can withdraw. Maybe it would help if the didn’t fly around the world for pre season 🤔

Reactions: David Doidge