FA Cup replays gone | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

FA Cup replays gone

mutley marvel

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Feb 13, 2021
FA Cup should be renamed "Pricetag FA Cup"

Apt lyrics taken from Jessie J - "Price Tag"

Seems like everybody's got a price
I wonder how they sleep at night
When the sale comes first and the truth comes second

Daz

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 30, 2003
I was going to make that point (although it was to play in the World Club Championships, and the FA backed United in their decision).
They were pressured to do it as England were trying to get the World Cup.

Leo's Grandad

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 18, 2011
Sunny Plymouth
This is just sad - end of.

Daz

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 30, 2003
The absolute arrogance of them announcing this without discussion with the EFL teams. Disgusting.

Reactions: Emeraldinho
Mar 4, 2004
I expect the ultimate aim is the destruction of the pyramid and a switch to franchise football. The FA is all about the money and not the game. A very poor decision in my view.

Reactions: Tiny Montgomery
Dec 3, 2005
Why don't they just have the Premiership teams,, plus the top 12 of the Championship and do away with the rest! Save those precious players having to play so many games. Oh and have ALL the games played at Wembley, of course, will have to get more money to pay off the debt of rebuilding Wembley.
Maybe even, just have a penalty shootout Cup. 😉

Aug 14, 2014
I am surprised the statement by The Sweet F.A. makes no reference to this being their contribution to a reduction in
the production of greenhouse gases and therefore global warming. Never mind their acquiescence to ridiculous European games on the outer reaches of Europe and all the travel pollution that involves.

Sep 28, 2022
Could it be not be possible to have the FA cup continue in its present format but only with Premiership teams who accept the present situation with regards to replays etc. In other words the Premiership clubs would have to apply to play in the FA cup. Not every Premiership club plays in Europe, and the FA cup is probably their only realistic chance of a trophy. The League Cup has already been tampered with to such an extent it's almost a reserve team type situation for most Premiership clubs already. Should not the EFL basically take ownership of the FA cup for the sake of football and be damned with the self serving elite.

Sep 6, 2006
or they could just save a lot more time and scrap all the rounds and just award the cup to Chelsea, Man city, Liverpool etc on a rotational basis....
😜
Think they should do that with Premier League anyway on the basis of who has most money. After you Man City. Loved them getting kod by Real Madrid by the way.