FA Player | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

FA Player

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
Argyle were advertising for a match day commentator this week so, perhaps, we won’t have to tolerate Radio Devon for much longer.

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
Lundan Cabbie":330hateu said:
Great quality but would dispute it worked better than iFollow as I've never had issues on that platform either. The production was far better though with a decent commentary rather than taking the local radio feed where the commentary is back to front from the pictures because he is over the other side from the cameras.

I don’t think it worked better than iPlayer either as I also haven’t had much trouble with iPlayer. However, it was noticeable the quality was far better. I have tried to cast iPlayer and it works ok but the quality is not good enough to view on a 50” screen, it is too blocky and the movement is very jerky. FA Player was almost as good as watching broadcast quality.

The commentary was good, especially as there was only one commentator. I did get a bit fed up with the way he pronounced Kelland Watts, but a minor issue.

Ottawa Green

Site Admin
Staff member
🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
The game was shown here but only on a specialty channel which one had to pay for, so i had to look for a streaming site showing the game, i finally found a site that had about 6 different streams available but they were all in a foreign commentary i think Russian, but the picture was good except for a couple of times the picture went really screwy but all in all was OK, so i turned off commentary and listened to the iFollow audio. Unfortunately the commentary was about a minute ahead of the video

Mark Smith

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
Luxembourg and Horsham
There are a lot of mixed views, but the difference seems depend on whether people used the app or the website. I used the website and thought it was a great product. Decent quality picture, good comms and very quick to log in and set up on the laptop. I also use a VPN and there was no noticeable deterioration. Will probably watch Bristol City vs Portsmouth on it later.

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth

memory man

✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
Needs a technophobe - worked for me, app casted on to brand new TV and the sharpest of pictures. Yet I-Follow I cannot even get the audio I pay for. I get the newsletter each week and all the stat rubbish I dont want. So FA player for me was marvellous.

Aug 4, 2011
memory man":2ykb9w87 said:
Needs a technophobe - worked for me, app casted on to brand new TV and the sharpest of pictures. Yet I-Follow I cannot even get the audio I pay for. I get the newsletter each week and all the stat rubbish I dont want. So FA player for me was marvellous.
With a brand new tv you shouldn’t need to cast. Same with Ifollow, should be able to use the tv’s internet function to navigate to ifollow / fa player and watch directly through the tv

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
football-bet-data":6r8424ke said:
memory man":6r8424ke said:
With a brand new tv you shouldn’t need to cast. Same with Ifollow, should be able to use the tv’s internet function to navigate to ifollow / fa player and watch directly through the tv
Ifollow is not compatible with Smart TV's. The FA Player was okay as it's from their website. I normally use a HDMI cable from the laptop for iFollow.

D

Darren Stoneman

The issue is mor about your broadband speed and the number of devices you use, I have a 600mbps Virgin fibre service and had no issues either on app, phone or tv, neighbour who has a bt service had real issues,

Kevin Gollop

🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Sep 24, 2003
Plymouth
football-bet-data":17aecf2k said:

True casting (not screen mirroring) is playing the video feed directly on your TV though. You are simply remotely telling the TV to open and play the native video feed (like you can do with the YouTube app for example). Casting your phone/tablet screen or a Chrome tab on a laptop is different as the video feed is being played on the phone/tablet/laptop and then the screen is mirrored to the TV, generally losing quality. Like you I use the TVs internet browser for iFollow as the app doesn't support casting, but it's a bit of a faff compared to an app that does casting properly.

Aug 4, 2011
Keepitgreen":33w3kqgd said:
football-bet-data":33w3kqgd said:
memory man":33w3kqgd said:
Ifollow is not compatible with Smart TV's. The FA Player was okay as it's from their website. I normally use a HDMI cable from the laptop for iFollow.
Works perfectly well for me, as a backup I use Amazon silk as a browser on my fire stick from which you can use ifollow directly. No faffing about with cables, running a laptop to the tv or casting