Fan banned from Home Park | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Fan banned from Home Park

justanotherfan

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
area51":i4mxf1ux said:
Probably slagged the team off for not preforming this season.

Argyle should produce the facts of the banning so we all know what we can cannot say.

Season social media ban would be good then these morons wouldn’t get off on it.

I would suggest that if you don`t know what constitutes "libellous and abusive" then best say nothing.

P

Paranoid Android

Knibbsworth":2ykgph6x said:
Paranoid Android":2ykgph6x said:
IJN":2ykgph6x said:
Information isn't exactly out there is it?

Do you know what it was?

This threads had over a thousand views

I’m not concerned by who it is or what was said. We do know from the Club it’s abusive behaviour, so perhaps we should support them in condemning the behaviour and congratulate the board. I assumed that’s why the thread was started? Can’t think of another reason.

Why do you feel the need to condemn, congratulate or give your opinion, when you don’t even have a clue what it is regarding?

Well it's interesting isn't it? This thread was started for what purpose?

We don't need to know the details, we can all imagine that without too much effort. It doesn't stop us getting behind the club and supporting it's action. We are a fans forum. If we don't simply show our support whats the point in us here? That's my view.

On the subject of online abuse, I was impressed with Ian Wright talking so eloquently about his experience of racism....

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/football/56949360

Jul 29, 2010
area51":1oujli18 said:
Probably slagged the team off for not preforming this season.

Argyle should produce the facts of the banning so we all know what we can cannot say.

Season social media ban would be good then these morons wouldn’t get off on it.

100% agree.... The parameters of what is deemed to be an 'offence' should be open to scrutiny and not just bans based on 'someone doesn't like what someone has said or done'.

For the benefit of doubt I don't condone improper behaviour at all I just like to know bans etc. are done fairly and proportionately and I'm sure Argyle would have taken advice before committing to the ban.

Happy days..!!

Argylegames

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jun 12, 2006
Hampshire, UK
www.argylegames.org.uk
meetoo":2fhr2cne said:
100% agree.... The parameters of what is deemed to be an 'offence' should be open to scrutiny and not just bans based on 'someone doesn't like what someone has said or done'.
I suggest you look up Libel.

Plymouth Argyle has issued a time-limited stadium ban to an individual for abusive and libellous comments aimed towards players and coaches on social media on 6 April.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I've now seen it and I would have banned the bloke for life.

I can now see why there's been no reference to it, it was that vile.

Argyleloyal

Pasoti Announcer.
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 25, 2016
Mark_Smith":3nd6d7ul said:
Just out of interest, how, in practice, is someone “banned”?
To me this has always seemed propagandist, symbolic and unrealistic. If someone wants to get in, they can.

A pub landlord will recognise someone s/he has barred* but presumably the club doesn’t face-ID every fan on cctv and I’ve never seen a steward or ticket collector consulting mug shots before letting us in.

*with the exception of the George in Plympton in the 80s when virtually everyone was barred at some time or another

If it’s same like a stadium ban, they will be banned from buying a ticket in their name, for both home and away matches (even though will be able to go away games). Not allowed to step foot on any Argyle owned premises. Not sure though how anyone will recognise them though if they try to enter the game etc.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
There are cases of banned Argyle fans not being in at certain away games.

Jul 29, 2010
IJN":31km0q32 said:
I've now seen it and I would have banned the bloke for life.

I can now see why there's been no reference to it, it was that vile.
Thanks for the update Ian :thumbup:

Aug 10, 2006
standards panel jesus what about the state of the ground was up there Saturday having a look around what a tip the whole place needs a good clean disgusting.