Fans Assembly meeting Aug24 | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Fans Assembly meeting Aug24

Aug 21, 2008
Plymouth
Alan Turing":13wtbrki said:
The wall be removed and the new dugouts will be at the front of the lower part of the grandstand.

I don't think he means the temporary fence in front of the lower terrace but the front of the upper deck.

It may be the perspective of the photos but the seats in row A do look low compared to the front "wall".

May 31, 2010
Plymouth
Well I sat in the old front row A and don't remember a problem then or in the previous 50 years! Now that they appear to have removed the bar which ran the length of the stand it should be alright.. I would probably want to return to my old Row A seat now that everybody sitting behind me wont have to squeeze along the front as there will be a completely seat free walkway several rows behind me.
Not sure that the ones who sat adjacent to the old directors box would want to move too far from the centre section. Just wondering how many will choose not to go back into the grandstand and stay in the Lyndhurst.

dunlop

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 17, 2009
metroace":z3wpb1l1 said:
Graham Clark":z3wpb1l1 said:
djg145":z3wpb1l1 said:
Will the TRIAL runs be done during normal League matches?

If so will ST holders who sat there previously be invited to take there seats?

Andrew Parkinson said that the test events could be League games with the Morecombe and Stevenage games being the most likely in December with the Swindon game being viewed as the full capacity game.

The Grandstand will be ‘handed over’ in early November for the internal fit out which will take around six weeks.

The test events are in the gift of the SAG who will work closely with the Club in delivering them.

Prior to all this the Club are looking at being able to explore the view from each seat on the website in the same way you can view the seating at Wembley. They will also allow season ticket holders to view their seats when the construction completion allows. This will be a managed process in groups and will be well advertised in advance. The Club are fully aware of the sensitivities of the return the the Grandstand including the opportunity to sit in the new row A and the proximity of the new seat to the original seat.

Whoa there! Surely those who were in the old front row should be offered the chance to be in the new front row first?

The best option would be to move every row forward from where the seatless row is going to be .

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Argylegames":247x8pwe said:
metroace":247x8pwe said:
Whoa there! Surely those who were in the old front row should be offered the chance to be in the new front row first?

Pogles has already pointed out that they have reinstated row A, the old grandstand started at row B for many years. Pogles also said he was hoping to move (back) to row A

To clarify, I did sit in the front row of the stand for a few years. Don't know if it is the same layout, whether it is/was Row A or Row B but there was a 'walkway' in front which made for easy access and my view was never ruined by standers/movers/weeers/leavers or bovrilers. Good view but the 'rail' could block your view of the near touchline so you had to occasionally crane your neck.

Now, I moved a couple of years before we had to, so I have no 'entitlement' to any particular seat in the Grandstand. Should be plenty of 'good view' choice tho'. I'll do what we normally do, go to the ground on a non match day, ask what seats are available for ST. In the past, they have given me a list, given me access to the stadium and I have gone round, sitting in various seats and choosing the best option.
However, I currently have a great view from the Lyndhurst (Block 8 Row G) right in line with the DE 6 yard box and on the end of a row of 5. Current problems are random drunks, turning up for 'popular' games at 3.10. Going for two or three wees and then off at 3.35 until 10 minutes into the second half, by which time they are even drunker and forgotten where their seats are!
(One fell asleep on my mate's shoulder last season!! :lol: ).
Then early leavers who think it is ok to stop whilst leaving because something exciting is happening. The last 10 minutes (whatever the score) is a dead loss really as the few becomes a torrent of 'fans'. That is not even counting the 'Stand up if you love the Greens (but have total disregard for fellow fans who also love the Greens!)' Brigade!! :lol:

So, if loads of people move to the Grandstand, we might stay where we are if it becomes a 'good view' for 90 minutes instead of 60ish minutes!!
Deffo do want to sit in the stand before I get to St Peter's turnstile tho!! :scarf: