Fantastic news from Hallett for PAFC. | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Fantastic news from Hallett for PAFC.

May 16, 2016
We've yet to see what his plans for it are yet. What's to say some other permission gets granted to enable the Club to temporarily boost it's coffers by selling it on for a profit.

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
Chancellor":xd3vpec1 said:
I suggested a good site for ice some time ago could be the Toys R Us building. Its empty, would think big enough and has plenty of under utilised parking. I am sure there are very good reasons why its not suitable however.

If the Club cannot repay the loan [should it even be a loan] how does that benefit SH as majority shareholder? In my book he can lose both ways. There is too much time wasted on hypothetical nonsense. Let's look forward. I think SH is a decent chap.

Oct 5, 2003
Devon
Chancellor":1lobeuqv said:
I suggested a good site for ice some time ago could be the Toys R Us building. Its empty, would think big enough and has plenty of under utilised parking. I am sure there are very good reasons why its not suitable however.
An ice rink preferable to a discount store or student flats? Surely not.

Quintrell_Green":1qzzzo4f said:
Chancellor":1qzzzo4f said:

If the Club cannot repay the loan [should it even be a loan] how does that benefit SH as majority shareholder? In my book he can lose both ways. There is too much time wasted on hypothetical nonsense. Let's look forward. I think SH is a decent chap.

Whats SH got to do with the ice rink, dont follow your argument? I was referring to a possible alternative site for the ice rink, just thinking aloud.

Feb 8, 2005
davie nine":36uwcu8k said:
The Grumpy Loyal":36uwcu8k said:
Truly great news for the long term future of our club. The Grandstand won’t be hemmed in by Brent’s ice rink and there’ll be scope for a future proper expansion of the main stand.

Virtually everything in this article is what I’ve been banging on about for years. Simon Hallett, take a bow. :clap:

https://www.plymouthherald.co.uk/sport/ ... rk-1934069

I perfectly understand your enthusiasm, Grumpy but let's not forget who got us to a stage where this has been able to happen.

Also, bear in mind that it was James Brent who realised that Simon Hallett's offer to join the Board and invest in our club was a genuine offer from an Argyle fan who, it appears, has sufficient wealth to enable the club to progress further than he would have been be able to take us.

Let's not write off the last 7 years as though they were a hindrance to our progress and hope that we make similar progress in the next 7 years.

We still owe a lot to James Brent and it would be good see you and others with similar opinions, in hindsight, to acknowledge his contribution.

Hear, hear. Well said, Davie.

Aug 5, 2015
Couldn’t agree more Davie. But I’m afraid lots of people have very,very narrow and closed minds. They won’t acknowledge jack.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
It's not 'lot's though, it's the same people saying the same thing time and time again.