Financial report | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Financial report

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
buck197":1nvcnmcu said:
My first worry is that SH will say enough is enough as he can’t keep pouring money in, with no income per se that leaves us up the creek without a paddle. We might end up changing owners for some total cowboys!!!!

There is strong talk of wage caps and this means less money for our manager to bring new players in for Division 1. Players on reduced wages won’t want to come to Plymouth and leave their family networks. It’s hard enough now to entice players to come down here (not sure why as it’s a beautiful place to live) and we might have to rely on local talent which may make life very difficult in a higher division.

Totally agree - I think a wage cap would be a disaster for us given our geographical location and we already find it difficult to get players to play so far away from their natural homes.

May 12, 2020
Again we are seeing losses stretching back into Brents era.
So much for the boast widely touted that we were sustainable at the time. Have to feel slightly sorry for Simon Hallett as he has already walloped heavy duty funds into the Grandstand and is now again being asked to dig deep to basically keep us afloat.

Apr 1, 2009
buck197":ftk1ht2y said:
There is strong talk of wage caps and this means less money for our manager to bring new players in for Division 1. Players on reduced wages won’t want to come to Plymouth and leave their family networks. It’s hard enough now to entice players to come down here (not sure why as it’s a beautiful place to live) and we might have to rely on local talent which may make life very difficult in a higher division.

Wage caps or no wage caps, I think it is inevitable that there will be less money all round. A lot of player wages will be reduced by necessity as much as by the wage cap, and squads will be smaller. There are going to be a lot of footballers looking for jobs and, for many, a reduced wage in Plymouth will be significantly better than no job at all. Yes there will be some players who have multiple options who choose not to move this way, but that's always been the case.