Finishing Position in League One 2020/2021? | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Finishing Position in League One 2020/2021?

Where do you think we will finish in L1?

• Win the title

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Automatic promotion

Votes: 8 5.9%
  • Win the play-offs

Votes: 5 3.7%
  • Fail in the play-offs

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • Just outside the play-offs

Votes: 33 24.3%
  • Mid-table

Votes: 62 45.6%
  • Just outside relegation

Votes: 21 15.4%
  • Relegated

Votes: 2 1.5%

• Total voters
May 18, 2016
9 teams finished below Bristol Rovers last season and 6 of them will be in league one with us - Shrewsbury, Lincoln, Accrington, Rochdale, MK Dons and Wimbledon. Add in Northampton and I can see 7 teams that I know we can finish above. The next raft of teams - Rovers, Burton, Blackpool, Gillingham and Doncaster are hardly scary, so I feel confident predicting a mid-table finish but we must remember that Wycombe won promotion to the Championship, and if we keep our manager, then surely we can do anything that they can?

Jul 19, 2006
Yorkshire
adegreenarmy":1s998vus said:
9 teams finished below Bristol Rovers last season and 6 of them will be in league one with us - Shrewsbury, Lincoln, Accrington, Rochdale, MK Dons and Wimbledon. Add in Northampton and I can see 7 teams that I know we can finish above. The next raft of teams - Rovers, Burton, Blackpool, Gillingham and Doncaster are hardly scary, so I feel confident predicting a mid-table finish but we must remember that Wycombe won promotion to the Championship, and if we keep our manager, then surely we can do anything that they can?

They were the only team in league 1 to play 46 match game time over 37 matches though !!!
I think mid table at best squad seems light still and despite saying he wanted players in for start of pre season it looks like we are playing the long hard bargaining game again when players start to panic they will have no job
Funny how mcFadzean is yet to sign a anywhere yet isnt it ? I wonder if he still hadn't received the offer he wants yet

Jul 27, 2020
well the squad is still in process of being built and I have confidence in RL and his mgmt team to know where we need to strengthen we were v competitive against B Rovers last season and unlucky to lose so thats a bit of a benchmark for me

midfield looks to have more pace about it so we may threaten more than we did last season from that

competitive mid table is in my view the objective hopefully when crowds are allowed back in maybe argyle can build up a fund chest over and above that required for cap for time when promo looks more likely as any club struggling even at the cap level would find the championship quite a step

on a separate tack just wondering if the salary cap has put a bit of a blot on recruitment plans given fact we start on Sept 12

will be interested to see forecasts from journos around the country regarding their local teams prospects promos or relegation as we had last season in the herald
thats it have fun

Aug 27, 2019
Based on what I saw & heard today, where do we believe we will finish in the league (assuming runs full course}. I admit to having backed us for auto promotion & nothing today suggests that we wont improve & stay the course!
Think we are in for a great season of entertainment - based on the principle that you may score 2 but we're cofident that we'll get 3 etc.
My prediction (temepered admitedly), is that we will be 3rd....
My cup is not half full, it doth runneth over.....
Soooo EXCITED!!!!

Please dont let Everton sack Ancellotti in Nov & come calling for RL..

COYGs!!

Jul 27, 2020
keeping feet well and truly on the ground

projecting competitive all season and 12th final slot