Finley's Match Report Leyton Orient | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Finley's Match Report Leyton Orient

Apr 5, 2008
AdelaideGreen":xkhnub1z said:
Hi Finley,

A good summary, and I particularly liked the comment about the "bigger picture" as opposed to the sole focus being on the detail.

One small point. Spelling us important. If you get it wrong it reduces the credibility of the article - e.g forth vs fourth.

Minor point - and many a 'erald journo make many mistakes.

You get bonus points for spotting the granmar errors in this postt!

Don't you just hate grammar police on the internet.
Who actually gives a fig apart from these most annoying posters you can imagine.

Should be banned from all forums.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
moles40":2rbsxvds said:
AdelaideGreen":2rbsxvds said:
Hi Finley,

A good summary, and I particularly liked the comment about the "bigger picture" as opposed to the sole focus being on the detail.

One small point. Spelling us important. If you get it wrong it reduces the credibility of the article - e.g forth vs fourth.

Minor point - and many a 'erald journo make many mistakes.

You get bonus points for spotting the granmar errors in this postt!

Don't you just hate grammar police on the internet.
Who actually gives a fig apart from these most annoying posters you can imagine.

Should be banned from all forums.

First line should have a question mark, moles!! Just saying! :whistle: :lol:

Emu

Oct 3, 2003
Sarf London
Balham_Green":128tw3ji said:
Emu":128tw3ji said:
Balham_Green":128tw3ji said:
Ray_Stidwell":128tw3ji said:
Thank You Finley; echoing what memory man says ā€œImproving all the time!ā€ which is clearly your aim. From a good start, with your clear commitment, the results will show. Looking forward to your next report, Thank you, Ray

Pretty patronising. Are you a headmaster or something?

Stooping to new levels I notice BG?

If you've got nothing nice or constructive to say, why bother saying it at all?

And what about you? Anything constructive to say yourself? The comments WERE patronising imo.

REALLY? To me they come across as gentle encouragement.
Funny how people see things in a different light isn't it.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
For anyone who read IJNā€™s op to the topic ā€œFinley Allen-Pasoti journoā€ to consider the gentle, well meaning advice offered to Finley by Ray Stilwell to be patronising is quite unfair and unreasonable.
Finley is a young lad who has asked to use Pasoti to practice his ambition to become a football reporter.
His reports, to date, have been very well presented and I am sure that he welcomes any mild, constructive observations and it is a unfortunate if some posters choose to use Finleyā€™s report threads to criticise one another.
Keep reporting Finley. You have made a good start.

Sep 6, 2006
Ray_Stidwell":3v4craws said:
HaHa! Clive, your behaviour rarely fails to amuse, especially your pops at me!
Thatā€™s good by me, as long as your clear dislike of me means you keep out of my hair in real life, ie: stay away!

Emu is of course, like most on here, a pleasure to meet in real life & consistently constructive, also, IMO not an appropriate target of your vitriol.

Finley, No patronisation intended in the slightest, just in case you have any doubts! If you do feel patronised please pm me. All comments are meant to be supportive, constructive & helpful. Very happy to have this dialogue offline if you prefer.

Def. Of patronising. Treats as kindly but in a way that suggests superiority. Thats how it came across to me Ray. Sure you didnt mean it and I have no reason to dislike you. As IJN says dont know why folk get worked up. Its just MY opinion. Would not be a very interesting site if everybody agreed all the time. Unfortunately some people e.g. Bermuda Green and a couple of the moderators dont like being challenged.

jerryatricjanner

āœ… Evergreen
Auction Winner šŸ‘Øā€āš–ļø
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Apr 22, 2006
Much as I hate to say it BG people like you giving your opinion on here do make it more interesting and I wouldn't be adverse to a few more of the same ilk whether I agree with them or not. On the football side I am all for it but this thread was all about a young lad practising his writing for a little appraisal. It really didn't need your input making it all a little unpleasant in tone. I know you have a gift for it but there is a time and place sometimes.