First Argyle Game | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

First Argyle Game

RB00194

Cream First
Brickfields Donor
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jan 8, 2024
What was your first Argyle Game?

Mine was the Game after the Tsunami in Japan against Chesterfield. We won 7-0 and Paul Stapleton came onto the pitch before the game to announce Argyle would match the gate receipts for the game to donate to the Disaster appeal.

Stood in the Mayflower freezing and had a sore throat at half time. I think we were 4/5 nil up.

Reactions: Deacster
Oct 10, 2018
Oh blimey now your asking, my dad took me we lost to Leicester 6-0, then beat Sutherland next game 4-0, about 1983.

Reactions: RB00194
Jun 17, 2023
Cheltenham
It was a cold, wet 0-0 draw sometime in Autumn 1995. I remember nothing about the game, only seeing the pitch under floodlights for the first time.

Magical.

SMG

Oct 22, 2021
First game i remember is West Ham in pre season July 2000, then went to a few home games that season before getting a season ticket for 01/02 season.

Dec 22, 2009
West London
15 Oct 1988 - Argyle 0-1 Manchester City. Sitting in the west wing of the grandstand with my dad. I remember that there was a loudmouth Mancunian sitting a few rows behind us, bragging about hammering us in the league cup a few days earlier.

My second game was a couple of months later. We were destroyed by Sunderland at home. The memory I have of this game is of Sunderland fans doing the conga around the barn park end.

15 Oct 1988 - Argyle 0-1 Manchester City. Sitting in the west wing of the grandstand with my dad. I remember that there was a loudmouth Mancunian sitting a few rows behind us, bragging about hammering us in the league cup a few days earlier.

My second game was a couple of months later. We were destroyed by Sunderland at home. The memory I have of this game is of Sunderland fans doing the conga around the barn park end.
Very close to mine - August 1988, Argyle 2-0 Hull. Tommy Tynan and an own goal.

Second game and first away West Brom 2-2 Argyle, April 1989. Same day as Hillsborough.

Reactions: flowchart