First away game... | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

First away game...

A

Anonymous

LG":1kp1jrlg said:
West Brom in our 83/84 cup run.
Tommy Tynan :grin:

You're just a baby!! :lol:

When you're 'on the table' ask me about that game. :lol:

Bubba

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 26, 2006
Hull City 20 odd years ago and on the supporters coach.

Felt like years getting there, crap stadium, chucked up in the pub and lost!

From that point on I was hooked and not alot has changed except the supporters coach bit!

Mar 7, 2009
bubba":1pu7lydr said:
Hull City 20 odd years ago and on the supporters coach.

Felt like years getting there, crap stadium, chucked up in the pub and lost!

From that point on I was hooked and not alot has changed except the supporters coach bit!

You would never catch me doing such a think Bubba! :wink:

Apr 20, 2008
Plymouth
September '06 - Southampton - lost 1-0 - something ridiculous like 58 minutes played in the first half after nasty injuries to Aljofree and Hodges. We were all confused as the 4th official only put up 9 minutes and we ended up playing 13 :lol:

Incredible atmosphere, think we sang "green and white barmy army" non-stop for the whole of the second half. Been hooked ever since, been to about half a dozen away games per season since '06/07.

Dec 28, 2010
April 2005 - Nottingham Forest - Won 3-0 and virtually relegated them, very good day out, been hooked ever since travelling to every corner of the country far and wide :) .

Jul 17, 2008
Calstock
Herb":37fb9oyt said:
Sat Nov 1st 1975

Div 2

Away Chelsea, 20,096

2-2 Mariner (2)

Milija Aleksic, Peter Darke, Phil Burrows, Neil Rioch, Mike Green, John Delve, Colin Randell, Brian Johnson, Paul Mariner, Billy Rafferty, Hugh McAuley.

:cry:

Blimey! That was a side to watch!!!!!

J

jannerjoe

Actually cant remember my first, the oldest memory is Pompy away in the Cup, the most recent time, but i know that wasn't my first.

I do know that including food, drink, travel and tickets it cost me £600 per win last season, the only two being Middlesbrough and Cardiff

G

Greenskin

plymouthargyle10":32i6e9op said:
sheff utd

i think we won- ryan dickson started on wing

keith lasley in the middle and crawford up top

We lost,actually.I well remember that game because there were a lot of problems that day on the railways and we got there at half time! Twas 0-0 when we arrived,Argyle lost 2-1,Friio scored in injury time.

First away game-Bristol City, November 5th 1966,lost 1-0.Vivid early memory of Bristol City fans in the street before the game singing "We all peed in a Green and White pot".

Feb 26, 2008
A village
Chris":mlfpwe43 said:
jannerjoe":mlfpwe43 said:
Actually cant remember my first, the oldest memory is Pompy away in the Cup, the most recent time, but i know that wasn't my first.

I do know that including food, drink, travel and tickets it cost me £600 per win last season, the only two being Middlesbrough and Cardiff

I went to 8 away games last season - I saw two goals (Fallon at Sheff Wed - we were ahead for about 45 seconds - and Mackie at Scunthorpe) and no wins :(

I'm not going to add up how much it cost me, that would hurt far too much.

In over thirty years as an Argyle fan, and at a rough average of 3 or 4 away games a year, I have seen Argyle win an away league game precisely once! Christ only knows how much that solitary win has cost me!

Village Green":bhu6as5k said:
Chris":bhu6as5k said:
jannerjoe":bhu6as5k said:

I went to 8 away games last season - I saw two goals (Fallon at Sheff Wed - we were ahead for about 45 seconds - and Mackie at Scunthorpe) and no wins :(

In over thirty years as an Argyle fan, and at a rough average of 3 or 4 away games a year, I have seen Argyle win an away league game precisely once! Christ only knows how much that solitary win has cost me!

One win in roughly 100 games?????????

Which match provided the elusive win?

Feb 26, 2008
A village
Jeremy Pilgrim":37tv47f5 said:
Village Green":37tv47f5 said:
Chris":37tv47f5 said:
jannerjoe":37tv47f5 said:

One win in roughly 100 games?????????

Which match provided the elusive win?

Courtesy of the fantastic Greens on Screen:

Saturday, 05 Apr 1986

Division Three

AFC Bournemouth 1 Argyle 3

Team: Geoff Crudgington, Gordon Nisbet, Leigh Cooper, John Uzzell, Gerry McElhinney, Russell Coughlin, Kevin Hodges, John Matthews, Tommy Tynan, Steve Cooper, Darran Rowbotham. Sub: Garry Nelson.

Goals: Steve Cooper, Russell Coughlin, Kevin Hodges

May 16, 2005
Elburton
Wigan Athletic at the old Springfield Park in April 1986. What a dump!

Out of a 9500 crowd, about 6000 were Argyle fans but we lost 0-3 and never looked like scoring.

It was the kick up the arse we needed though - we won the last four games of the season and got promoted as runners-up.