Football Connections Quiz | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Football Connections Quiz

pafcprogs

🌟 Pasoti Laureate 🌟
Apr 3, 2008
Westerham Kent
No 8

1966 World Cup winners as managers

Jackie Charlton at Boro
Bobby at Wigan
Nobby Stiles at Albion

and

Ray Wilson at Bradford City

Barrie Davis

πŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
Oct 26, 2005
Torbay
Pogleswoody":yuin69id said:
Barrie Davis":yuin69id said:
I Love Mickey":yuin69id said:
No 6 - All been sent off while playing for England

Almost there. So have others. These four share a particular distinction.

All sent off IN England whilst playing for England? :think:

You're there!! They are, apparently, the only 4 England players sent off in home games. They were not all at Wembley (one was in Southampton) but were all in England. Well done.

Aug 18, 2010
PL2
Barrie Davis":2qwujvsp said:
Pogleswoody":2qwujvsp said:
Barrie Davis":2qwujvsp said:
I Love Mickey":2qwujvsp said:

You're there!! They are, apparently, the only 4 England players sent off in home games. They were not all at Wembley (one was in Southampton) but were all in England. Well done.

I was at the Southampton game watching with a mate who went Uni there - Gerrard scored the equalizer and went running off celebrating where we were sat/stood. Unfortunately we were in the toilet having a pi$$ :doh:

Barrie Davis

πŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
Oct 26, 2005
Torbay
pafcprogs":3kndafj3 said:
No 8

1966 World Cup winners as managers

Jackie Charlton at Boro
Bobby at Wigan
Nobby Stiles at Albion

and

Ray Wilson at Bradford City

Well done. The 1966 final team were predominently unsuccessful at management (arguably J Charlton and A Ball excepted).

Barrie Davis

πŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
Oct 26, 2005
Torbay
pafcprogs":391or2pa said:
No 9

All went from player or player/coach to Manager at respectively Sheffield United Liverpool Torquay and Argyle

You got it!! The answer I had in mind was that they all managed the last team they played for before retiring - Neil Dougal had a gap before coming back to manage and Dalglish was, as you say, player manager who became manager after being player manager. Martin Peters retired from playing and then became manager the next day.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
I Love Mickey":rtup4mzn said:
Barrie Davis":rtup4mzn said:
Pogleswoody":rtup4mzn said:
Barrie Davis":rtup4mzn said:
I Love Mickey":rtup4mzn said:

I was at the Southampton game watching with a mate who went Uni there - Gerrard scored the equalizer and went running off celebrating where we were sat/stood. Unfortunately we were in the toilet having a pi$$ :doh:

Problem with quizzes is that you think: Errmmmm? Sent off??? Then you think about Beckham being sent off in a WC against Argentina in France and, immediately, you're on the wrong track!! :doh:

Barrie Davis

πŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
Oct 26, 2005
Torbay
Martin_Brock":1esuipym said:
I assume with the final question, the qualification is about being eligible to play for other countries but they chose to play for England?

M

I admire your powers of logical thought - and you are correct. They are all qualified to play for Jamaica through grandparents.

Barrie Davis

πŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
Oct 26, 2005
Torbay
Pogleswoody":3li99p4g said:
I Love Mickey":3li99p4g said:
Barrie Davis":3li99p4g said:
Pogleswoody":3li99p4g said:
Barrie Davis":3li99p4g said:
I Love Mickey":3li99p4g said:

Problem with quizzes is that you think: Errmmmm? Sent off??? Then you think about Beckham being sent off in a WC against Argentina in France and, immediately, you're on the wrong track!! :doh:

That's the joy of quizzes. I enjoy setting them and competing in them. I tend to go for the obscure.