Footy Quiz | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Footy Quiz

Barrie Davis

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Oct 26, 2005
Torbay
Well, we got a few good hours out of that one. Here are the answers and their providers.

1. Since Bedford Jezzard in the 1950s, only 3 players with a ‘Z’ in their surname have appeared for the senior England team. Who are they? Zaha, Zamora, Rodriguez (and Gomez!) Bernie Bernbaum

2. Who are the only two England Managers never to have seen their team play at Wembley? Eriksen and Allardyce Martin Brock

3. Which football club has been Champions of Europe more times than Champions of England? Nottingham Forest Princerock

4. Who are the only two non-European goalkeepers to have scored a goal in the Premier League? Brad Freidel and Tim Howard soccerpilgrim

5. Who are the only three England players to have received European Cup and World Cup winners medals? Bobby Charlton, Nobby Stiles and Ian Callaghan (the latter received his medal as one of the named final squad in 2009) xmastree

6. Who was the Liverpool player who scored the last goal at Wembley before it was demolished? Dietmar Hamman for Germany Princerock

7. Martin Kelly of Crystal Palace, who was picked by Roy Hodgson for the Euro 2012 England squad, holds what playing record? He has the shortest England career - less than 2 minutes ping g5

8. Which three players equally hold the record (8) for receiving the most red cards in the Premier League? Richard Dunne, Patrick Viera and Duncan Ferguson Princerock

9. Which was the first team to take the field in an FA Cup final without an Englishman in the starting 11? Liverpool (1986) whitleigh lad

10. Which player scored 5 goals in one half of a game in 2009? Jermaine Defoe Pinner Pilgrim

Barrie Davis

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Oct 26, 2005
Torbay
Thanks for that. My background is that I collect trivia and have about 3000 questions stored on my computer. I have been on 7 TV quizzes, the most recent being The Chase but I have recorded programme 128 of Series 10 of Tipping Point due to be shown sometime this year (once they stop showing repeats during lockdown). I will put some more quizzes together for this site and see what comes up. It's a bit difficult to find questions that cannot be looked up within 10 seconds on Google.

Bernie Bernbaum

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Pasoti Quiz Champions
Jade Berrow 23/24
May 29, 2015
7 geez? I've been on two. 15 to 1 in 1988 and Jeopardy in 1990. Yeah I enjoy a quiz now and again.

Barrie Davis

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Oct 26, 2005
Torbay
I did Keynotes in 1991 and returned as a reigning champion the next season, 15 to 1 in 1993 (beaten by a Cambridge professor!). 100% and 100% Gold for Channel 5, The Ross King Show, Chase and Pipping Point. Got accepted after audition for Pointless but my playing partner had no photo ID to produce so got no further. All good life experiences.

Keith Whitfield

✨Pasoti Donor✨
Mar 30, 2015
If you get accepted for Millionaire, Baz, give me a shout - I've got a very distinctive cough!

Here's one for you - how many Argyle managers have won caps for the full England football team? Is it A - 4; B - 6; C- 8; D - 10?

Barrie Davis

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Oct 26, 2005
Torbay
Millionaire is a bit of a turkey shoot - you have to answer queations online, say what sort of things you would 'ask the host' and send in a 30 second video of yourself saying something interesting. Thanks Ingram! I think the answer is 8. Don't know much about the very old managers but I can think of Shilton, Osman, Rowley, Ken Brown, Mariner, Peter Reid, that's 6 so, if a few of the pre-war ones played for England, that'll be a couple more.

Keith Whitfield

✨Pasoti Donor✨
Mar 30, 2015
You pass the test, Baz, but the full list (with caps) is Shilton (125), Mariner (35), Reid (13), Rowley (6), Waiters (5), Tresadern (2), Ufton (1- versus Rest of Europe) and Brown (1). I didn't include Osman as he was only caretaker manager. Surprised that Peter Reid only got 13.