Fylde - Salford | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Fylde - Salford

Brussels Bureaucrat

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Jun 16, 2017
Ixelles/The City of Plymouth
Wembley must have been bouncing....

At least Orient came up, they're a proper old club with fantastic supporters. I can see Salford going up again next year thanks to the financial doping from the Class of 92(TM). Every year football becomes more obnoxious.

Argylegames

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jun 12, 2006
Hampshire, UK
www.argylegames.org.uk
Somebody has been quick on the draw with Salford's Wiki entry.

Salford City Football Club is a professional association football club based in Salford, Greater Manchester, England. It currently competes in the League Two, the fourth tier of the English football league system. The club was founded in 1940. Wikipedia

They'll have the biggest budget in L2 next season, just as they did the Conference this year. They were not popular in non-league because of the owners buying their way upwards.

BHS

Oct 6, 2008
Liverpool (Skelmersdale)
Cult Of Personality":1yzt9mzl said:
What is the point in playing this at Wembley. Its looks so bad . Also the standard of play is awful .
This match used to be played at a league ground, I watched Shrewsbury vs Aldershot at the Britannia, Stoke about 2005. Made for a much better atmosphere than what it looked like today.

In terms of Salford FC, at the moment they would not be under the 60% salary vs turnover threshold. I suspect they will be strong next season, just hope we don’t see them sign our better players, Carey or Ruben.
In truth I am looking forward to going to the Salford game next season, I can’t be the only one, can I?

Tynan One Nil

🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 23, 2013
Just to add watched the Newport v Mansfield play off poor standard and very physical.The only good thing about LG 2 hopefully will be leaving it.

Mar 16, 2006
Manchester
loyal1970":2shhstho said:
Cult Of Personality":2shhstho said:
Looks like we going to Salford which is exciting because you might be able to have a good weekend in Manchester with City or Utd playing on the Sunday .
no club house at salford nearest train station is 3 mile away and street parking around the ground is crap brilliant.

As a Salford resident I have to pick you up on a few things.

A) Whilst they don’t have a club house, they do have a fan zone with a number of bars inside the ground. Obviously this favours the home support but the away section is supposed to be getting similar standards now they’ve been promoted.
B) there is a pub (my local - the Star) around 15 mins walk away.
C) Situated just off Bury New Road, Moor Lane is serviced by numerous bus routes and only 10 minutes by bus from Manchester City Centre.
D) Street parking immediately by the ground is crap but they run a park and ride from Agecroft Road that goes every 5-10 mins. Also you can park 10 minutes walk away.
E) Looking down at Salford won’t do anyone any good on here. We may have the ground and league experience but they have more ambition in their little finger. Some say non league fans hate them because of the success they’ve “bought” but it’s jealousy, simple as that.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Great! Now all the media talk in League Two next season will be about Salford and the Class of 92.

The turnover/wages ratio in League Two is 55% and crucially doesn't include loans or donations from owners.

What is Salford's stadium like? Is it up to League Two standard?

Forest of Dean Green

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Mar 5, 2009
Gloucestershire
I can’t help but see this as a form a robbery. Rich man’s plaything replacing a grand old club like Notts County or preventing a solid historic club like Wrexham coming up. 700 Fylde fans there apparently. 2000 Salford. The rest neutrals/corporates. That is a joke and an embarrassment

Mar 16, 2006
Manchester
PL2 3DQ":3n0dncna said:
Great! Now all the media talk in League Two next season will be about Salford and the Class of 92.

The turnover/wages ratio in League Two is 55% and crucially doesn't include loans or donations from owners.

What is Salford's stadium like? Is it up to League Two standard?

Not sure what “league standards” are but it’s much better than Accrington’s.

Mar 16, 2006
Manchester
Forest of Dean Green":2bx44u24 said:
I can’t help but see this as a form a robbery. Rich man’s plaything replacing a grand old club like Notts County or preventing a solid historic club like Wrexham coming up. 700 Fylde fans there apparently. 2000 Salford. The rest neutrals/corporates. That is a joke and an embarrassment
You see it as robbery but I see your comment as snobbery. You wouldn’t complain if we got some money and replaced some “solid historic club” in any of the divisions above us so why is it any different? Salford will gain more fans in time, just like we all want Argyle to. Success breeds a fan base - we all know that! No one team has a divine right to their place in the football league. Not Notts County, not Wrexham. Not even Argyle.

Sep 13, 2003
Salfords ground is in the arse end of nowhere without a pub in sight or even a bar at the ground. It's not exactly Salford Quays.

It's been tidied up with some new stands the past couple of years so looks much better.

Don't forget there will be more midweek games next season because of the earlier season finish due to Euro 2020 so we will have quite a few Tuesday away games next season.

Aug 17, 2005
BHS":3dmif7xr said:
Cult Of Personality":3dmif7xr said:
What is the point in playing this at Wembley. Its looks so bad . Also the standard of play is awful .
This match used to be played at a league ground, I watched Shrewsbury vs Aldershot at the Britannia, Stoke about 2005. Made for a much better atmosphere than what it looked like today.

In terms of Salford FC, at the moment they would not be under the 60% salary vs turnover threshold. I suspect they will be strong next season, just hope we don’t see them sign our better players, Carey or Ruben.
In truth I am looking forward to going to the Salford game next season, I can’t be the only one, can I?

With strong as chief scout dont be surprised if it happens

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
How many Manchester United fans wearing full regalia will turn up at Home Park hoping to catch a glimpse of the Class of 92 when we play Salford next season?

It's guaranteed the first League Two live TV game will feature Salford, probably in the first international break of the season, unless by then Salford have signed enough international players to cause their game to be postponed.