Games that get stuck in your head | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Games that get stuck in your head

E

Every Saturday

The 7-3 away win at Bournemouth in 75 was rather memorable ... as was the 3-2 at Rushden in 2001. After the Rushden game you just had the feeling the team Paul Sturrock had put together was a bit special ...

Jul 3, 2013
August 24th 1996

Wrexham 4-4 Argyle

Brucie could have retired with all those £10 and £20 notes being waved at him before and throughout the game, We went into a 4-1 lead and good old Trigger lobbed the keeper to make it 5 but the ball hit the bar and they broke up the other end to score with about 10 mins left. I am sure Grobbs had a few quid on 4-4 in play.

Torquay 4-3 when Littlejohn bagged a hatrick and of course that crazy 8-1 result at Hartlepool. All good memories.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
3-3 v Cardiff in the CCC was 'quite good' as well. 0-3 at half time and then we decided to play. Lee Hodges hit the bar in the last second as well.

Away games for me has to be the 3-1 win at Hillsborough, the 3-0 at Loftus Road (League Cup) and the 7-3 at Dean Court.

Dec 22, 2016
Barnstaple
I think for pure craziness the 6-4 against Preston in 1984 is the one that sticks in my mind. I don't remember exactly how the scoring went but I think we were 3-2 up, then went 4-3 down with 5 mins left. I remember Preston brought a surprisingly large following, and they were all up on the fence between the Barn Park and Mayflower terrace when the 4th went in. In the last 5 mins. we equalised then got a 5th. Cue bedlam and us on the fence the same as them. The police grabbed a load of us and chucked us the back of the Mayflower. We walked around to the demport where the big gate was open, walked back in just in time for the 6th in injury time!
Incredible match.

Oct 16, 2016
Mike E":384ag9ru said:
Away to Rochdale 2002 tues night 3-1 to clinch promotion couple of weeks later 2-0 at Carlisle to retake top spot from Luton then 4-1 the following tues at Darlo to clinch the title with 102 points. A lot miles and a lot of beer.
I was there (Darlo)

Nov 3, 2006
2-3 away to Swansea in the late 90s sticks in my mind. Mainly because we were, I think, 2-0 down with about 15 minutes left.

Jul 21, 2013
Going away to Leicester and beating Holloway, despite him putting 7 or 8 upfront against us in the last 10 mins.

Aug 17, 2005
Derby baseball ground in the cup, Andy Rodgers scoring direct from the corner. Electric atmosphere that night

jespafc

✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 23, 2005
www.johnstanlake.com
Swindon away...2003 (or 2004 maybe).

Their fans were awful and right in our face at 2-2...only for King Marino Keith to step up and slot home that winner. First time I've ever been directly threatened at a game, as a Swindon fan informed me that he would be waiting for me outside afterwards! he wasn't of course.

But seeing the Argyle fans celebrate behind the goal and also in the main stand where I was sat was fantastic. I still love watching the highlights of that game today. The second goal was a thing of beauty too.

Ted

Dec 8, 2003
Nottingham
Away at Portman Road, getting beat by Ipswich under Bobby Williamson always stands out.

The football we played was sublime but poor finishing cost us. Lee Makel missed a sitter.

I think the football under Bobby was the best we've had at Home Park in more recent years. Shame about the results...

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
earl grey":2z922sl1 said:
Cardiff-2006 3-3. Probably wrong on something there tho.
That was a good one if that is the one where Cocko bundled it in at the Devonport End deep in stoppage time.

Feb 2, 2007
jerryatricjanner":1nwmkond said:
earl grey":1nwmkond said:
Cardiff-2006 3-3. Probably wrong on something there tho.
That was a good one if that is the one where Cocko bundled it in at the Devonport End deep in stoppage time.

Atmosphere was incredible in the second half, made more toxic by the glee the Cardiff fans had goaded us with in the first half. Loudest I’ve ever heard the Mayflower that night.

I remember a 4-4 around New Years in 1984 when we lost Crudgie and I think Nisbet went in goal, pretty sure we were losing and came back to draw. Freezing and foggy but I was 7 so may be a little hazy!

Can also remember a night at Ninian around then when we stood next to Michael Foot and they gave us what felt like the main stand and we won. Bizarre, car broke down on the way home too.

More recently, QPR promotion game, same season at Loftus, Notts Forest home first game back in Champ, play off v Portsmouth all stick in head vividly!

Mar 27, 2013
BIDEFORD NORTH DEVON
Argyle 1-0 Darlington - Play Off Final Wembley 96

One of the greatest days supporting Argyle & Winning Promotion

Up in the Olympic gallery watching the game

Fantastic day - Never Forget !!!

Larry David

✅ Evergreen
Apr 9, 2004
LA NY or Cuckfield
willgreen78":11944acx said:
I think for pure craziness the 6-4 against Preston in 1984 is the one that sticks in my mind. I don't remember exactly how the scoring went but I think we were 3-2 up, then went 4-3 down with 5 mins left. I remember Preston brought a surprisingly large following, and they were all up on the fence between the Barn Park and Mayflower terrace when the 4th went in. In the last 5 mins. we equalised then got a 5th. Cue bedlam and us on the fence the same as them. The police grabbed a load of us and chucked us the back of the Mayflower. We walked around to the demport where the big gate was open, walked back in just in time for the 6th in injury time!
Incredible match.

Yes this one for me. The Tommy English game. Abiding memory for me is a bloke in the away end taking off and throwing his Parka on the floor in disgust as we scored the fifth.

A

argyle flyer

Sheffield Wednesday 1-3 Argyle 2003

A Tuesday night game, over a thousand there. Absolutely dominated the game from start to finish. A brace from Friio.