Games the bottom 6 have left | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Games the bottom 6 have left

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
Having read the sporting press today, which is full of the fact the empty seating covers at Old Trafford are being switched from red to black as the Man U players are complaining that their fellow team members shirts are 'lost' against background of the red canvas covers, I expected this to be floated as a possible issue at Home Park. Can it be that Argyle's green shirts are 'lost' against the coloured seating around the ground? I know the home record has not been too bad this season, but could it have been better had the team worn a brighter green or a white dominated shirt, which would have stood out better?

Larry David

✅ Evergreen
Apr 9, 2004
LA NY or Cuckfield
Metal_Green_Mickey":1vmfmb3s said:
I find this whole situation a bit depressing.

The fact we sit here hoping to see other teams lose in order to secure our league one status because as fans we don’t have much confidence in our team picking up many points from now until the end of the season is worrying.

What a mentality to have as a team. And yet here l read we should keep a number of players. Why? When the chips are down where’s the heart and fight you want to see.

People love a good player celebration when we score. Call me picky but ld rather see that actual player perform on the pitch. Players do care. I get that. However, if your not performing consistently now then what makes us think they would next season?

The mentality and the attitude has to be shown on the pitch. All these sound bites just don’t work for me.

We are a soft touch. A side most opposition would love to play against because it’s easy to score against us. And we are taking this type of form into next season.

I’m with you Mickey. Massively need to up their game next season. We have been a soft touch.

In other news where is the photo above with the Burnley Ales advert from I’m guessing it’s late fifties early sixties and I’m guessing it’s away to Burnley any idea as to the Argyle players in the picture. Apologies if mentioned elsewhere.

Ottawa Green

Site Admin
Staff member
🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
Peterborough 3 Northampton 1 FT

One point tomorrow and a Bristol R loss Argyle safe

Jul 12, 2016
Ottawa Green":2hwx77zb said:

If Bristol draw tomorrow we are safe regardless. Big difference in G.D.

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
I think we are safe by 5 or 6 points already as it looks quite likely none of the bottom 4 will reach 47 points even.

Ottawa Green

Site Admin
Staff member
🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
oldage":2d133cnk said:
Ottawa Green":2d133cnk said:

If Bristol draw tomorrow we are safe regardless. Big difference in G.D.

I agree Oldage but we are talking Argyle here, it is -16 to -24 only a difference of 8 goals, so i would prefer a draw for us and a loss for them.

May 5, 2006
If Bristol draw tomorrow we are safe regardless. Big difference in G.D.[/quote]

The GD is not that big when you consider what has to happen for it to be decided on GD.

Argyle lose last 5. If only by 1-0 that leaves us on -21; Northampton win their last 4. If only by 1-0 they move to -22, very close.

I don't think it will come to that, but if it did, the 10 goal difference at the moment will soon disappear.

The Doctor

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
If we win today we’re safe. Simple.

If any of the bottom four lose today they can’t catch us.

If we draw and a bottom four team draws then they can’t catch us.

Today could be safety day.

May 16, 2016
The Doctor":1jlqip02 said:
If we win today we’re safe. Simple.

If any of the bottom four lose today they can’t catch us.

If we draw and a bottom four team draws then they can’t catch us.

Today could be safety day.

Agree, I said the other day we're 3 points from safety. It's in our own hands to confirm it. Let's hope we do that rather than hope other results go our way.

mutley marvel

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Feb 13, 2021
We need to worry about ourselves- the law of Argo does not allow a favours box- i think we are all concerned about where the next win is coming from & hoping this will be the game we get the final 3 points to secure league 1 next season

No other team will care about us it is dog eat dog & where you finish after 46 games

Oct 31, 2015
greenpilled":3fhrtp90 said:
vibratingspider":3fhrtp90 said:
It's tragic that we're even in this mess. Have no idea what's happened to our talismanic striker, but he seems a shadow of his former self.

We're not in a mess - season tailing off a bit but we were completely assured of safety several games ago

Unfortunately that's exactly what's in the players minds as well :banghead:

Changes needed in the summer

May 21, 2010
taunton
Surely the team we have got can get motivated to win one game out of the next 5 matches. Really sad we are looking at other results going our way than our own.

May 26, 2015
We need one win to be safe, mathematically, because Dale can get 54 points.

Please let that win be today, so that we can use the final 4 games to plan for next season and end the agony.

Realistically though we are likely to lose all of our remaining games, so that we are relying on 4 other teams to fail in their relegation survival dog fights.

We are just too soft and need to recruit 2 or 3 real hard men of the likes of Bremner, Charlton, Hunter, Choper Harris and Duncan Fergusson.

Jul 12, 2016
RochdaleGreen":h17xpgy0 said:
We need one win to be safe, mathematically, because Dale can get 54 points.

Please let that win be today, so that we can use the final 4 games to plan for next season and end the agony.

Realistically though we are likely to lose all of our remaining games, so that we are relying on 4 other teams to fail in their relegation survival dog fights.

We are just too soft and need to recruit 2 or 3 real hard men of the likes of Bremner, Charlton, Hunter, Choper Harris and Duncan Fergusson.
Won't happen.Lowe only recruits "nice" defenders because "hard men" are probably not recognised as such by the data he uses to sign his robotic players.