Generating income through iFollow with empty stadiums | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Generating income through iFollow with empty stadiums

Dec 9, 2012
Interesting thread, and, to be honest, gives some hope for the financial situation following Simon Hallett's recent statement.

It's difficult to second guess both how/when next season will start, and what will be permitted in the way of paying supporters - if any!

If there were, say, a 25% of capacity maximum crowd, in Argyle's case, there would be a fair number of last (this?) season's season ticket holders who would not be able to attend.

A couple of random thoughts:

How could the club decide who would actually get to the games? There would be a strong case for a ballot of some sort from existing ST / Flexiticket holders.

Could there be a combined ST / ifollow package where you would get to go to one game, and then watch the next one on ifollow? As and when circumstances change and crowds were permitted to increase, the proportion of games attended could increase.

An ambitious campaign to push ifollow could lead to a large increase in the number of subscribers. Personally, I have never used it , but times have changed beyond belief in the last few months, and something which a) supported the finances of the club and b) enabled me to get an Argyle fix would be hugely attractive.

I have absolutely no idea of the relationship between the EFL / ifollow and the individual clubs, but surely, in these difficult times, it should be possible to create a balance where all benefit.

All ill informed conjecture, of course!

Ottawa Green

Site Admin
Staff member
🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
cheshiregreen":2du2hvy2 said:
Hi Aldershot

Pretty sure I follow is an EFL initiative. I think it's not compulsory for clubs though. Think Salford and Forest Green do not use it and several in Championship.

https://www.efl.com/iFollow/

Please note that the iFollow service is only available to clubs playing in the EFL during the 2019/20 season who have opted in to utilise the iFollow platform. Those clubs who have not will have access to the same live streaming opportunity and will be able to provide their fans with access through their own club digital services.

We are therefore unable to provide subscriptions to fans of Birmingham City, Bristol City, Cardiff City, Charlton Athletic, Derby County, Forest Green Rovers, Fulham, Hull City, Leeds United, Leyton Orient, Middlesbrough, QPR, Salford City, Stoke City, Sunderland, Swansea City and Wigan Athletic. Please contact your club for more information.

Jul 19, 2006
Yorkshire
Love Argyle and expect us to do well out of this if the current agreement stands, however if we are expecting EPL to assist the EFL clubs to survive expect that the share of televised games to be much more 50/50 going forward.
You cant have it both ways whereby PAFC profit at the expense of Accrington if you expect The EPL tobail the EFL out. PAFC and other larger clubs need to do their bit where possible too.