Genuine Question (2nd half performance) | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Genuine Question (2nd half performance)

Jun 7, 2006
It was worse than the admin team as they actually played some good stuff in patches and contained some real young talent. One of the very few occasions that I have walked out of a game early as it was too painful to watch, and I've seen us take some beatings over the years.

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
One of my worst was a 2 0 defeat up at York under Sheridan, everyone was excited as we'd beaten Exeter only a few days before, but it was pretty appalling.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
PAFC Norfolk":3awc674h said:
Players on one year contracts will not show any desperation in the cause. Especially having seen the reward for just failing playoff position side just discarded. Also what happened to the side which gained promotion the year before.

You could also make the argument that a player on a two or three year contract will be too comfortable. If you’re on a one-year contract, you really need to impress otherwise you’ll be released and then risk not finding a new club.

Who got discarded from last season’s side? Threlkeld and Bradley chose to leave, others like Sawyer, Sarcevic, Fox et al were offered presumably improved terms and stayed. Which may be a reason there wasn’t much left for our summer signings.

Jul 12, 2016
So why sign 10 players? If these players are on a one year contract they aren't doing much to impress!

May 8, 2011
PAFC Norfolk":3f7dgx7a said:
Players on one year contracts will not show any desperation in the cause. Especially having seen the reward for just failing playoff position side just discarded. Also what happened to the side which gained promotion the year before.

Very few of the current first team squad are on one year deals, most likely only Fox and Sawyer.
Sorry but what players were discarded?

Dreamgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 28, 2004
Salisbury, Wiltshire
PL2 3DQ":1xwecb0g said:
Many people on the various threads have said it's one of the worst performances they have seen, including me.

Despite an awful start we were not too bad in the first half and had a good spell leading up to half time which makes that awful second half performance difficult to understand. It was the same scenario for the Blackpool game.

During the second half yesterday I witnessed players pull out of challenges, I saw no fight, I saw no leader who would rally the players, I saw no anger or frustration from the players at the way the game was going - they were just accepting the defeat. They were not encouraging each other or taking responsibility.

The team just didn't have any fight or leaders.

I thought I would never see a worst performance from an Argyle player than Bradley Wright-Phillips' at Watford a few years ago but yesterday O'Keefe eclipsed that.

To while away the time we were guessing which steward in the stands Macey would hit from his goal kicks.

Damien Johnson in that Watford game made BWP look like Ronaldo by comparison !

Macclesfiedl away for me was the bottom of the graveyard in 2000 ! Lost 4 v 1. I think we were 3 v 0 down at half time.

Aug 24, 2014
Buckingham
The 5-0 drubbing at Bristol Rovers in Round 2 of the cup, early nighties, Hodges era. I think 4 of the goals were in 2nd half in front of Argyle end.

All made worse by Gas drawing Liverpool away in the draw - made as we were leaving the car park.... and Gasheads mocking us as we left...