Gillingham v Argyle match thread | Page 14 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Gillingham v Argyle match thread

May 26, 2015
Forest of Dean Green":3nv2mvps said:
The fact that we are now holding on to Adams is becoming an embarrassment. He really can’t stay even if we stay up by a whisker.

Agree, but surely he must be sacked in the morning, before Barnsley?

Apr 9, 2011
Bezza":1u5r6xp6 said:
I'm really fed up today, but am putting this particular defeat into context. Gillingham are our hoodoo team. We lost there 2-5 last season when on promotion form and have lost every time since 86. We were always going to lose this one.

The real worry is that our record in the next 3 fixtures against these opponents is very mixed too! Who the hell can we beat? Barnsley at home? No chance. Accrington away (er, probably not)- just leaves Scunthorpe who walloped us 4-0 at Home park last season. DOH !!

Are we becoming another Swindon Town? Another biggish (for 4th tier) club, who seem to bounce between League one and two all the time. It certainly feels like it tbh.
We always used to be a club that fluctuated between the 2nd & 3rd tiers but IMO we are going to have to get our heads around the fact we will yo yo between 3rd & 4th tier . The Championship is/ has become a distant dream .

Jul 29, 2016
Brussels, Belgium
phil-thefluter24":1tf2yabw said:
The question is do we deserve to stay up . The club has become a joke. What has Adams ever done/did to warrant a 5 yr contract ffs. What makes it even worse is the fact the club were in no position to pay him off if it went pear shaped. Can i really be bothered next season to put in a 100 mile round trip to watch 4th tier rubbish NAH !! :furious:
I don't really believe that this season's performances deserve anything other than relegation. I have managed a few games at Home Park and have usually left disappointed. When Derek Adams arrived I was so optimistic, but now am so disappointed. I have followed Argyle since I was taken by my father at the tender age of 5 or 6. I am now 73 and really in the depths of despair about the whole running of the Club. Ron Blindell and all the others. They have all let the club down; don't even mention the name Brent. He was there for the pension pot. All in all we have been shafted and I can see National League calling. Who wants to buy a club - the Grandstand is brilliant. LOL. Please don't roll out the old "we are too far away from anywhere". If it was a decent Club people would come. By the way Plymouth Council - a bloody airport would help. Rant over. I'll still support them but with a feeling of dread for the future.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Pafcineurope":84xit3q0 said:
phil-thefluter24":84xit3q0 said:
The question is do we deserve to stay up . The club has become a joke. What has Adams ever done/did to warrant a 5 yr contract ffs. What makes it even worse is the fact the club were in no position to pay him off if it went pear shaped. Can i really be bothered next season to put in a 100 mile round trip to watch 4th tier rubbish NAH !! :furious:
I don't really believe that this season's performances deserve anything other than relegation. I have managed a few games at Home Park and have usually left disappointed. When Derek Adams arrived I was so optimistic, but now am so disappointed. I have followed Argyle since I was taken by my father at the tender age of 5 or 6. I am now 73 and really in the depths of despair about the whole running of the Club. Ron Blindell and all the others. They have all let the club down; don't even mention the name Brent. He was there for the pension pot. All in all we have been shafted and I can see National League calling. Who wants to buy a club - the Grandstand is brilliant. LOL. Please don't roll out the old "we are too far away from anywhere". If it was a decent Club people would come. By the way Plymouth Council - a bloody airport would help. Rant over. I'll still support them but with a feeling of dread for the future.

We lack real footballing leadership and have done for the whole post admin era.

Until that’s correctly addressed and the grandstand is complete (to allow for full attention on footballing matters, not so much financial importance) I think we will continue to struggle.

MD isn’t the answer and Halliet is out of his depth through no fault of his own. I hold some responsibility with JB also with the timing of his departure and putting SH in the deep end mid season with so much happening this year.

It’s all been a bit shambolic

Mar 16, 2009
London
cheshiregreen":34rg5wru said:
JannerinCardiff":34rg5wru said:
Our midfield were none existant today.

Ladapo just can’t win a header. I know he scored but I think Taylor needs to start away from home.

ASB was awful today, Lloyd Jones looked far better at RB, and he’s a CB.

Sawyer looks slow and offers very little going forward.

I think whole team today were poor (with maybe the exception of Jones and Taylor when he came on who I thought both played decent).

I think if we stay up it won’t be because we are good, rather than the 4 relegated teams are really bad.

Played a LB at RB again (ASB)...had a RB on bench (Moore) but subbed the LB playing at RB for a CB (Canavan) and moved the CB (Jones) who was selected ahead of Csnavan to RB so as player he had ousted from team could play CB

Says it all and we wonder why we are in a mess.

Thought Accrington game would be end of season nothing game how wrong I was. And by way JiC that is our only remaining away game so why will he change now? :furious:

The idea of bringing on Canavan and movi g Jones to RB was to pack the team with as much height as possible. A simple idea but an idea none the less. Although it was 10 minutes too late.

Anyway, from the goalkeeper up, we were just really really poor.

First half lead flattered to deceive, and Gillingham were so poor themselves, it papered over the cracks.

Midfield again just not good enough.

We can’t win games on Freddie solo goals alone. And so it proved.

Oct 18, 2010
St Judes
Justin":31hs656g said:
cheshiregreen":31hs656g said:
JannerinCardiff":31hs656g said:
Our midfield were none existant today.

Ladapo just can’t win a header. I know he scored but I think Taylor needs to start away from home.

ASB was awful today, Lloyd Jones looked far better at RB, and he’s a CB.

Sawyer looks slow and offers very little going forward.

I think whole team today were poor (with maybe the exception of Jones and Taylor when he came on who I thought both played decent).

I think if we stay up it won’t be because we are good, rather than the 4 relegated teams are really bad.

Played a LB at RB again (ASB)...had a RB on bench (Moore) but subbed the LB playing at RB for a CB (Canavan) and moved the CB (Jones) who was selected ahead of Csnavan to RB so as player he had ousted from team could play CB

Says it all and we wonder why we are in a mess.

Thought Accrington game would be end of season nothing game how wrong I was. And by way JiC that is our only remaining away game so why will he change now? :furious:

The idea of bringing on Canavan and movi g Jones to RB was to pack the team with as much height as possible. A simple idea but an idea none the less. Although it was 10 minutes too late.

Anyway, from the goalkeeper up, we were just really really poor.

First half lead flattered to deceive, and Gillingham were so poor themselves, it papered over the cracks.

Midfield again just not good enough.

We can’t win games on Freddie solo goals alone. And so it proved.
I suppose you think Macey should've played now?

Apr 9, 2011
The whole set up at HP is a shambles. I fully agree with a previous post re Brent jumping ship when he did , saw what was coming perhaps

Apr 5, 2008
why do our players find it so hard to hit the target.They are professional footballers?yet can hardly ever hit between two posts not over or to the side :facepalm:

That chance for Edwards,should have at least hit the target,couldn’t even do that.Should have scored IMO

2 0 and ok we probably still would have mucked it up but at least we might not have lost the game.Need to find one decent performance in 3 games or we are down.

Oct 18, 2010
St Judes
moles40":3ek4oowd said:
why do our players find it so hard to hit the target.They are professional footballers?yet can hardly ever hit between two posts not over or to the side :facepalm:

That chance for Edwards,should have at least hit the target,couldn’t even do that.Should have scored IMO

2 0 and ok we probably still would have mucked it up but at least we might not have lost the game.Need to find one decent performance in 3 games or we are down.
It's a confidence thing, they have it in their heads to miss, instead of to score.