Goal Music | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Goal Music

Argylegames

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jun 12, 2006
Hampshire, UK
www.argylegames.org.uk
tobysFlag":1nrofo9c said:
Didnt know what to do when we scored today! :D

You are supposed to cheer and make a lot of noise TWIT!

It was GREAT that there was no muzak today.

Argylegames

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jun 12, 2006
Hampshire, UK
www.argylegames.org.uk
Pasty Duchy":1zkwiizj said:
I suspect that the differences of opinion here are very much a generational thing. Those of us old enough to have gone to football wearing high-waisted flares and Doc Martens, with scarves dangling from our wrists probably all hate it, while the young 'uns (who were weaned to the bleeping of their Gameboys) think it's somehow essential. :greensmile:

Those of us who are older than you Bay City Rollers fans hate it too.

Dec 3, 2005
Deacster":hlnqpknc said:
I knew something was missing when we scored, thats it! definitely adds to the atmosphere. After BWP scored against scum last year for his 2nd goal it seemed to go on for ages and got the crowd jumping.

That's what a GOAL :goal: :goal: does - gets the supporters jumping - NO NEED FOR ANYTHING ELSE - just :goal: :goal: :goal: goals

May 23, 2011
You're not trying to create an atmosphere when you've just scored!

Any other time in play everyone should be standing and singing, but i miss the music!

Nov 26, 2010
Swindon
Pasty Duchy":3608qts8 said:
I suspect that the differences of opinion here are very much a generational thing. Those of us old enough to have gone to football wearing high-waisted flares and Doc Martens, with scarves dangling from our wrists probably all hate it, while the young 'uns (who were weaned to the bleeping of their Gameboys) think it's somehow essential. :greensmile:

:iagree:

FFS - I've still got the strides and the same old scarf pmsl - never needed the music on the terraces, maybe it's an all seater nescessity. Bring back the real Devonport End.

Jul 25, 2011
knecht":15775nya said:
Wotton is God":15775nya said:
Goal music?

NO
NO
NO
NO
NO
NO
NO
:twisted: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Right, vented my spleen. Now the rationale. I'm afraid I have to strongly disagree with you. Seen from an away fans perspective, it is cheap and tacky, as if the host team need to remind the plastic home fans their team has just scored. Or just triumphalist wnak.
And from a home fans perspective, it just blows away any atmosphere you just hoped to get going.

So fold away that fence please, mods, I'll be a NO. :shock:

Now of course you boys may be just taking the pee raising the topic, I hope. :nworthy: :nworthy: :nworthy: :nworthy: :D :cool:
Please don't say you were serious? :shock:

:thumbup: agree completely! If the fans have to rely on piped music to create an atmosphere then it's hardly worth it.
:iagree: :iagree:
tacky and cringey

Jul 25, 2011
soccerpilgrim":1rfgjyz9 said:
Has everyone ignored my post? :eh:
Goal music was played! :crazy:
dont know, too busy cheering and making my own noise to listen to stage managed razzle dazzle :lolno:
rick astley never gonna give you up possibly??? :lol:

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
with-menace":3w4uokvb said:
soccerpilgrim":3w4uokvb said:
Has everyone ignored my post? :eh:
Goal music was played! :crazy:
dont know, too busy cheering and making my own noise to listen to stage managed razzle dazzle :lolno:
rick astley never gonna give you up possibly??? :lol:

Goal music??

I remember you - Frank Ifield?? !! :whistle:

E

EK_Brighton

We have never had goal music at the Albion, and when we moved to the Amex, it was one of the things many of us feared would happen, seeing as it seems to be a typical artificial, new stadium experience in most places. Happily, the views of the vast majority on NSC wer conveyed to the club, and the chairman himself has pledged there will never be goal music played at the Amex.

For what it's worth, my take on it is that it's a crappy, American-sport invention that actually takes away from the pure joy of scoring a goal. Football's not like basketball where points are so regular it's not worth getting excited about. When you've followed a team like the Albion for 25 years (& I'm sure Argyle too), goals are a precious and rare commodity, to be celebrated and cherished and cheered to the rafters. Not cheered for half a second and then reduced instantly to half-arsed clapping to Chelsea Dagger or Song 2 or Pigbag or whichever Noddy, happy-clappy, cheesy anthem some suit in the commercial department has deemed worthy of the moment. And then all sit down mutely again as soon as the five second clip is done. It totally diminishes the moment IMHO and I cringe when I see clubs doing it: typically the ones who've always needed to take desperate measures to artificially create some sort of atmosphere (Reading, Bolton, Middlesbrough)

Take our last minute winner against Doncaster in the first ever match at the Amex. How could that moment of pure, spontaneous footballing ecstasy EVER be enhanced by the playing of an overused commercial earworm that has absolutely nothing to do with my club? Answer: it couldn't. Steer well clear, Argyle, it's one step away from giant foam glad hands and USA! USA! USA!

A

Anonymous

EK_Brighton":1d8mwx49 said:
We have never had goal music at the Albion, and when we moved to the Amex, it was one of the things many of us feared would happen, seeing as it seems to be a typical artificial, new stadium experience in most places. Happily, the views of the vast majority on NSC wer conveyed to the club, and the chairman himself has pledged there will never be goal music played at the Amex.

For what it's worth, my take on it is that it's a crappy, American-sport invention that actually takes away from the pure joy of scoring a goal. Football's not like basketball where points are so regular it's not worth getting excited about. When you've followed a team like the Albion for 25 years (& I'm sure Argyle too), goals are a precious and rare commodity, to be celebrated and cherished and cheered to the rafters. Not cheered for half a second and then reduced instantly to half-arsed clapping to Chelsea Dagger or Song 2 or Pigbag or whichever Noddy, happy-clappy, cheesy anthem some suit in the commercial department has deemed worthy of the moment. And then all sit down mutely again as soon as the five second clip is done. It totally diminishes the moment IMHO and I cringe when I see clubs doing it: typically the ones who've always needed to take desperate measures to artificially create some sort of atmosphere (Reading, Bolton, Middlesbrough)

Take our last minute winner against Doncaster in the first ever match at the Amex. How could that moment of pure, spontaneous footballing ecstasy EVER be enhanced by the playing of an overused commercial earworm that has absolutely nothing to do with my club? Answer: it couldn't. Steer well clear, Argyle, it's one step away from giant foam glad hands and USA! USA! USA!
Top post! :thumbup:

Jul 25, 2011
Richard Blight":19nv4i2d said:
EK_Brighton":19nv4i2d said:

Top post! :thumbup:
:clap: :clap: :clap:
eeeyy , 2 corndogs and a giant butt scratcher over here