Goalkeeper (Alex Palmer signs from WBA - confirmed) | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Goalkeeper (Alex Palmer signs from WBA - confirmed)

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
Keepitgreen":3u5v4zvy said:
PL2 3DQ":3u5v4zvy said:
Welcome aboard the good ship Mayflower.

It will mean for the last two and a half seasons we will/would have a loan keeper. I would prefer an experienced permanent keeper, hey ho.

It's odd that Holmes, who is at a Premier League club, had to have a trial while Palmer is signed straight away, he must be good and a good height as well.
Quick distribution from the keeper looks to be a key pattern of play under Lowe.
I saw Holmes at Truro and Parkway and can understand putting him through a trial. IMHO he looked liked someone who had been plucked from the crowd.
I'd like to see Cooper start off as number 1.

I only saw the Truro friendly but IMHO Cooper looked the more confident and professional of the 2 keepers. I accept that Cooper might have had an advantage in knowing players' names in the defence in front of him.

Jan 27, 2012
I’d rather Argyle signed an experienced and rated keeper on a permanent contract. After last season’s defensive shambles the team surely need some proven quality between the sticks. Palmer may turn out to be good but he’s pretty much untried in league football, just like Macey (except Macey was older and more experienced believe it or not). Goalies tend to get better with age as they learn through mistakes. Having two inexperienced keepers on the books makes me a bit worried.

Frank Butcher

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Oct 9, 2003
Gairloch
Steve Evans":1mh6cubc said:
I think he will start with mike cooper.he is superb and I am sure he will play in the premier league.

Here we go. Expect a lot more of this this season now that Ruben's gone.

Geddon steve.

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
gaspargomez":3i3xlueo said:
I’d rather Argyle signed an experienced and rated keeper on a permanent contract. After last season’s defensive shambles the team surely need some proven quality between the sticks. Palmer may turn out to be good but he’s pretty much untried in league football, just like Macey (except Macey was older and more experienced believe it or not). Goalies tend to get better with age as they learn through mistakes. Having two inexperienced keepers on the books makes me a bit worried.

Last season’s shambles was because Adams obviously had an agreement to play Macey when fit. How else did Letheren lose his spot after the results improve with him in goal. Having lost Letheren without having any experienced keeper on the books and as Cooper is 100% ours, let’s have him start.

The fact you’d rather have signed an experienced keeper shows how contrary you are, I don’t think i’ve seen one signing or decision without you second guessing it. Long live RL, long live SH and long live PAFC. :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
Frank_Butcher":18etfi6v said:
Steve Evans":18etfi6v said:
I think he will start with mike cooper.he is superb and I am sure he will play in the premier league.

Geddon steve.
mark my words frank.he will play in the premier and i think for england.and despite his age he has good experience.

Frank Butcher

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Oct 9, 2003
Gairloch
Steve Evans":3mhsot7o said:
Frank_Butcher":3mhsot7o said:
Steve Evans":3mhsot7o said:

Geddon steve.
mark my words frank.he will play in the premier and i think for england.and despite his age he has good experience.

I sincerely hope you're right steve.

Mar 16, 2009
London
macleanie":3dr1l8i5 said:
Okay good, thats goalkeepers sorted then. Not sure what to make of him with little to go off but after Macey I don't think we could do much worse!

Macey kept a clean sheet for Arsenal last night.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Frank_Butcher":3sv0poso said:
Steve Evans":3sv0poso said:
Frank_Butcher":3sv0poso said:
Steve Evans":3sv0poso said:

Geddon steve.

I wonder if Palmer realizes that he is competing with one of the best young keepers in Europe!!?? :scarf: :lol:

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
Pogleswoody":27cg6zzy said:
Frank_Butcher":27cg6zzy said:
Steve Evans":27cg6zzy said:
Frank_Butcher":27cg6zzy said:
Steve Evans":27cg6zzy said:

Geddon steve.

I wonder if Palmer realizes that he is competing with one of the best young keepers in Europe!!?? :scarf: :lol:
he very soon will!

Jan 27, 2012
Ade the green":3f7oo74i said:
I don’t think i’ve seen one signing or decision without you second guessing it. Long live RL, long live SH and long live PAFC.

Around this time last year people on PASOTI were claiming what a great signing Macey was. Presumably without ever seeing him play. I see the same thing happening now !

Aug 24, 2014
Plymouth
Steve Evans":3xzim6z9 said:
Frank_Butcher":3xzim6z9 said:
Steve Evans":3xzim6z9 said:

Geddon steve.

Just out of interest, which was the last player to reach the potential you claimed they would?

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
PlymOdi":2aj81fc0 said:
Steve Evans":2aj81fc0 said:
Frank_Butcher":2aj81fc0 said:
Steve Evans":2aj81fc0 said:

Geddon steve.

Just out of interest, which was the last player to reach the potential you claimed they would?

Jack Chisholm?? :think:

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
PlymOdi":3ld7yw8t said:
Steve Evans":3ld7yw8t said:
Frank_Butcher":3ld7yw8t said:
Steve Evans":3ld7yw8t said:

Geddon steve.

ruben lameiras.now playing in the portuguese premier division.

Mar 21, 2013
Steve Evans":2h4f9hmv said:
PlymOdi":2h4f9hmv said:
Frank_Butcher":2h4f9hmv said:

Geddon steve.

ruben lameiras.now playing in the portuguese premier division.
A) He hasn’t played any competitive games for them, who knows how he’ll cope yet.
B) The Portuguese league certainly isn’t one of the top leagues & baring the top 3 teams the rest are pretty unknown.
C) FC Famalicao have just returned to the top league for the first time since 1994 having been in the 5th tier as of 2009, not exactly a powerhouse.
D) What about the many other players you’ve been certain about reaching the top?

I do wonder whether you say all this with your tongue firmly in cheek?