Good signs for next season | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Good signs for next season

Jul 6, 2005
Probably why he put a comma in to seperate a midfield general and a #8 then.
Agree.

Ernie Machin was an excellent example of a midfield general, but Azaz is not that sort of player.

Azaz is more of a schemer, as we used to call his sort of player back in the day. A creative, attacking player with an eye for the telling pass who also chips in with a few goals.
Unlike the midfield general, the schemer can go AWOL at times, especially away from home.

A loss of confidence under Foster was definitely a factor in the fall-off from Whittaker and Hardie over the last 3 months of the season, but I think the main reason was the lack of creativity. Hardie was living off scraps.

We need to get more creativity into the team, it has to be a priority. Hopefully, the new Manager with his Coaching and style of play will make us a bit more creative.

Dec 28, 2023
I don’t think there’s any real upside for Cooper in going to Stoke, he’d be better off having another good season with us and then bigger clubs will come knocking. The worry though of course is that if he doesn’t sign a new deal, we could lose him for nothing next year.
It seems as though Cooper has too much respect to do the club out of a fee by running down his contract.
He’s been a part of the fabric of the club for a long time from youth days to present.

Monster Green

Cream First
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Jan 12, 2007
Plymouth
Ipswich is actually a good shout. They know him well, and my tractor loving Ipswich buddy knows the club have been admirers. It kinda makes sense tbh

Jul 12, 2016
I wouldn't be surprised to see Stoke try for Cooper, as goalkeeper is one position most of their fans believe needs addressing. I'm not so sure Cooper would be quite so keen though.
Hardie the other possibility yes.
This wouldn’t surprise me .Schumacher’s praise for him bordered on the embarrassing.

May 26, 2015
Coopers gone for 8m. It is being kept under wraps for now - The destination Club is secret but its 8m signed and done. Same source who told me about helicopter trip, Fosters sacking etc.
I don't take these rumours too seriously. Major transfers are unlikely until a new manager is in place.

Dec 31, 2022
Ivybridge
I think we are 3-4 players away from being where we want to be at this level.

For what its worth i think there will be greater retention than some folks imagine, i don't think we will see many go, Could be absolutely wrong of course.

Last edited: