Goodbye Freddie (signs for Rotherham) | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Goodbye Freddie (signs for Rotherham)

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
We don’t have to sell. We should hold out for a bit more money than £500k. Considering he doesn’t take pens he’s a good striker and coming into the best years of his footballing life. He’s worth £650-700k in my eyes.

Just think how many goals he’d get in an attack minded team in L2, possibly the difference between promotion and not, so I reckon he’s worth more than £500k to the club so why should we let him go for that amount?

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Frank_Butcher":3h3bnnpy said:
HC Green":3h3bnnpy said:
Makes you wonder who the players were that Lowe spoke to that were happy to play for him. The list of the departing seems to be getting larger by the day.

Hardly surprising is it? Ladapo and Lameiras were nailed on to leave in my opinion. Carey had his last chance at a money/destination move with the chance of playing in another country - and the Europa League. Songo'o clearly doesn't fit the mould.

I'd be very surprised if anyone has left who RL didn't expect to leave (Ruben?Carey?Freddie?) or whose future he hasn't already discussed with them (Foxy?Songo'o?Freddie (in both camps?))

New Manager, new stand, new team, new tomorrow = built on new players, good pros already here and gifted youngsters. Incoming dosh spent on the squad. :scarf:

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I'd drive in anywhere he wants to go.

Take the money and re-invest with someone who wants to be here.

Onwards and upwards.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
£500k upfront is a very good return. Especially now we are in L2.

Hopefully that money goes complete into the this and next years budget.

That could get 2 very decent players alone signed up for 2 years.

May 28, 2019
IJN":3mvxeclr said:
I'd drive in anywhere he wants to go.

Take the money and re-invest with someone who wants to be here.

Onwards and upwards.
agree,500k min for a player that wants away , no brainer, half of that fee could be used on another decent striker ,or on decent wages

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
Tugboat":3u1786cx said:

You don't get decent players for 2.4k a week.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Keepitgreen":13oh3xsd said:
Tugboat":13oh3xsd said:

You don't get decent players for 2.4k a week.

We’re in league 2 not the championship.

We could even use some of that money to pay up the contracts for certain players still on the books that clearly shouldn’t be.

Sep 2, 2008
Would be more than happy if this was true. Despite his goals return he still didn't seem to be quite right as far as I was concerned. Thats the best way I can explain it. To be fair to him though, I don't think the way Adams wanted him to play suited him at all. Take the cash and move on.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Ladapo had one good season as a goal scorer in his whole career so he might be a flash in the pan, he's also not a team player. He did well for us but the transfer fee will help Lowe build a better all-round team.

Take the money.

Dec 19, 2009
PL2 3DQ":2r27k1fv said:
Ladapo had one good season as a goal scorer in his whole career so he might be a flash in the pan, he's also not a team player. He did well for us but the transfer fee will help Lowe build a better all-round team.

Take the money.
Yep, I'd say that just about sums things up. No proven track record, take this decent offer and move on.

Frank Butcher

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Oct 9, 2003
Gairloch
Of course some of that money might already have been earmarked to cover the Lowe/Schumacher compo.

Tynan One Nil

🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 23, 2013
I take it there is no buy out clause, if not a bidding war would be more than useful to add funds.

Mar 23, 2008
Should be gutted to lose our top scorer but really not, I think his goals often came at the expense of the team. Some money in and another wage off the books to build an effective squad.