Green Army fanbase by region. | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Green Army fanbase by region.

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
mutley marvel":2ew6a8bx said:
I live in Robin Hood land - i have yet to find a fellow green in my local area- I often wonder how many green exiles live in the East Midlands

I used to live near Mansfield and worked in Nottingham for 13 years - the last 10 with another Green (he may still be there). Tyhee Slim, God rest him, lived in Ravenshead.

Lousy Pint

Jam First
Sep 23, 2005
Milano
Mark Pedlar":1hch6t73 said:
mutley marvel":1hch6t73 said:
I live in Robin Hood land - i have yet to find a fellow green in my local area- I often wonder how many green exiles live in the East Midlands

I used to live near Mansfield and worked in Nottingham for 13 years - the last 10 with another Green (he may still be there). Tyhee Slim, God rest him, lived in Ravenshead.

Yes, I have fond memories of Tyhee and his band playing in pubs in Mansfield before Argyle games.
He actually lived in Rainworth (or Ranerth as he told me it was pronounced).
I live in various parts of Italy, but have yet to encounter a fellow Verde.

Jul 12, 2004
I live in Aldershot and had a season ticket the first full season of the Lyndhurst. To my great surprise the guy sitting to my left lived about a dozen miles from me in Godalming. We spent the next few years going to home and away matches together taking it in turns to drive.

He had a season ticket for 19/20 as I did but not sure if he renewed this season.

When questioned I liken Argyle fans to rats. They say that there is a rat within five yards of everyone. I say there is an Argyle fan within five miles of everyone!!!!!

May 5, 2014
I have met quite a few over the years out here mostly those on holiday but i have got to know an Argyle fan and his wife who literally live within a few hundred yards! I know that J.J. lives not far away and i think Trevor 501 is also here, Are there are any more of you on here that live in España ?

Mar 1, 2005
Southampton
There's a white van that drives around Southampton with Argyle window stickers and green/white scarfs in the windows. Seems to be a very proud Pilgrim but neither I nor any of the other Argyle fans I know in Hampshire seem to have met him.

Nov 28, 2005
PLYMOUTH
Thanks for the exile input, but what I was after was the percentage split for fans attending home games.

Plymouth has often been criticised as not being supportive of the team, so I was curious to see if this is true.

twist of lime

🍌 Bomber Harris.
Feb 22, 2008
Herts
I would say nearly in to double figures in Elstree & Borehamwood which is the nearest town to me (just North of London). My high street barber ( big Sheffield Wed fan) says he regularly cuts at least 3 Argyle fans hair..... :greensmile:

I met another Argyle fan recently in the local Sainsbury’s due to my Argyle face mask..... :D

To answer OP question, try to make 1 home game a season + any big ties if I can source tickets. Do 10 - 15 away game though a season.

COYG

Dec 30, 2020
Graham Clark":39961t95 said:
The Club do publish results of their Annual Close Season Survey. For 2020 the results were (based on a survey return of 1,400 which was the largest for years).

Location of supporter:
Plymouth 48.71%
Devon & Cornwall 31.21%
London / South / South East 8.29%

62% of the respondents were Season ticket holders and a further 7% attended more than 10 games at Home Park so the survey is pretty representative of the true position.

Based on these figures, Plymothians actually account for a disproportionately high number of the fans from within our catchment area.

We're the local professional football club for about 1 million people, roughly a quarter of whom live in Plymouth.

Yet based on this survey, Plymothians account for about 61% of our fans from within the region.

My guess is that the 40% or so (of fans from Devon and Cornwall) not from Plymouth, are from parts of the two counties close to Plymouth.

Could we do more to attract deeper support from other parts of the counties, or is it unrealistic given the distance involved?

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
Costa Blanca Green":1pcjxcb9 said:
I have met quite a few over the years out here mostly those on holiday but i have got to know an Argyle fan and his wife who literally live within a few hundred yards! I know that J.J. lives not far away and i think Trevor 501 is also here, Are there are any more of you on here that live in España ?
If you mean me I think it might have been you and your son that my son and I met at the airport waiting to fly back from the Wimbledon debacle at Wembley, that's if you live in the Rojales area from memory? I have encountered several fellow Greens in my area and I'm hoping the team might revisit this summer for preseason training and a friendly as they did in 2019.

Apr 1, 2009
Not sure how you track where everyone comes from. For example, all the STs in my group are registered to my home address in South Hams. Yet that group includes 3 from London area, 1 student in Bristol, 2 from Scotland, 1 (occasionally) from Manchester, as well as me who works in Manchester! Sort that lot out!