Hallett: “We've made mistakes” | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Hallett: “We've made mistakes”

Lancastergreen

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Jan 12, 2017
Plymouth
A bit of a nothing story

Reactions: Penmaster

CarolinaGreen

🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸
Jun 10, 2006
Raleigh, North Carolina
Awful journalism. A simple 'What were those mistakes?' isn't to hard is it? I personally would like to know, as Foster was a mistake, but did he lead them up the garden path in the interview, or take their eyes off the goals of entertaining, attaching football? We were mostly, if I recall, quite excited by Foster's England Youth pedigree, and the prospect of his links to bring it great talent from his connections. Once bitten twice shy. I'd like to think they've learned a great deal from that appointment.

Jan 6, 2004
Awful journalism. A simple 'What were those mistakes?' isn't to hard is it? I personally would like to know, as Foster was a mistake, but did he lead them up the garden path in the interview, or take their eyes off the goals of entertaining, attaching football? We were mostly, if I recall, quite excited by Foster's England Youth pedigree, and the prospect of his links to bring it great talent from his connections. Once bitten twice shy. I'd like to think they've learned a great deal from that appointment.
All I can say about when Foster was first appointed was that his first televised interview put on the website was awful, he didn't seem enthusiastic, he didn't get across any clear ideas and I wondered how he ever got the job on that basis. I got shot down in flames when I said that on here though ;)

CarolinaGreen

🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸
Jun 10, 2006
Raleigh, North Carolina
All I can say about when Foster was first appointed was that his first televised interview put on the website was awful, he didn't seem enthusiastic, he didn't get across any clear ideas and I wondered how he ever got the job on that basis. I got shot down in flames when I said that on here though ;)
You mean the headless ghost interview? Yeah, I put it down to nerves at the time.

Reactions: Green Flash
Apr 5, 2012
There have been a couple of mistakes, foster and player recruitment plus backroom staff

Apr 5, 2008
Employing a manager with no league experience, nevermind the championship, very poor decision.
Saying if he was a betting man he would put money on Argyle staying up,really not a good look, how many times do so-called betting certainties, go belly-up😏

mutley marvel

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Feb 13, 2021
International break perfect time to relieve Foster of his duties but chose not to do so

Giving Foster the 2 games over Easter was a monumental mistake as we may have got the pointage under a new Manager/ Head Coach which would possibly have made us mathematically safe now from the threat of relegation

Jan 6, 2004
Managers come and go and often they do not work out. I think the fundamental mistake this season is not Foster, it is a failure to recognise the budget needed to stay up reasonably comfortably, relying on the alchemy of last season, while ploughing money into long term investment. The latter is laudable of course, but given the stated ambitions for the club I don't think a realistic minimum was put into the playing budget - its why we could not afford an alternative to Hardie, why we could not secure Azaz, arguably why the quality of our loanees in the January window was not great. If putting enough into the squad meant delaying Brickfields for a year or down-scaling slightly, so be it. Had we not made that mistake we would probably also still have more investors and possibly even Schumacher.

CarolinaGreen

🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸
Jun 10, 2006
Raleigh, North Carolina
Two main mistakes.
1. Foster being employed
2. Foster not being booted early enough - should have gone before Easter if not earlier.

(A possible third being not talking to his senior players like Joe about how things were in the dressing room.)
I can forgive hiring the wrong manager, but I was saying he should have gone after Sheff Wed game. Amazing amount of stick when I said here Foster out after the Blackburn game. Now everyone is magically on the same page :rolleyes: